Colour Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliotf9

Reaction score
I started doing a lady every week for a shampoo & set in December. She has her roots done every 6 weeks and has soft acid perms every few months and has very thick porous hair. She hasn't let me comb the colour through since I started doing her hair as she is worried it will go really dark. As she walks a lot the sun has faded her ends of the hair making it all patchy. She is worried it will go too dark when colour it next week as I have told she must have the whole lot combed through. Originally she had black hair when she was younger. She is completely white underneath now. But her roots always go black looking around the hairline which she hates. I normally use ash as she has a lot of red undertones in her hair. I've used previously 7NA, 7NA + 8N (GOLDWELL). I was thinking of using '9.0' instead as she wants it lighter than the photos below any ideas?

JANTOPPINS1.jpg

Attachments

• JANTOPPINS3.jpg
    JANTOPPINS3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
What is her natural colour now?
To help with porosity you could actually use a demi permanent/ quasi colour. Or even a gloss? I wouldn't use permanent colour as that will just add to the porosity issue.
Which colour does she like? The ends or the roots? Because they're very different.

Her natural colour is 100%white underneath the colour. I last did 7na mixed with 8n on the roots. She likes the ends colour which with the sun has lightened to a '8', but it is all patchy as this photo was taken in March and she has had her roots done since then. I wasn't sure whether to use an 8 on the roots in permanent and quasi on the ends in maybe a 9. I'm just hoping she doesn't go black around the hairline which always happens and she hates it. She said nobody can eradicate this which she wants.

Her natural colour is 100%white underneath the colour. I last did 7na mixed with 8n on the roots. She likes the ends colour which with the sun has lightened to a '8', but it is all patchy as this photo was taken in March and she has had her roots done since then. I wasn't sure whether to use an 8 on the roots in permanent and quasi on the ends in maybe a 9. I'm just hoping she doesn't go black around the hairline which always happens and she hates it. She said nobody can eradicate this which she wants.
What brand do you use and what developer?

Goldwell topchic and 6% developer

Goldwell topchic and 6% developer
Try upping the developer for those areas that go dark. Move up to 9%
My aunty has porous hair and even if I use a 7.1 with 4% or 6% it looks black.
So she's now an 8.1+9% still covers her white hairs and it's the colour she wants

Latest posts

Back