Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hello, my client is looking to go natural after home dying her hair for years,
She’s about a level 7 I’d say with patchy grey, but I never see much roots to be 100% sure on base colour, as I only ever cut her hair,
I’m thinking of using bleach 6%, and maybe 7/0 + 7/1 to break up existing colour,
Her hair is a very golden yellow, not a nice colour, so I want to break up the demarcation line, not make her too dark but to blend the hair and look more like highlights while her colour grows out,
Any tired and tested formulas I should think about?

Hello, my client is looking to go natural after home dying her hair for years,
She’s about a level 7 I’d say with patchy grey, but I never see much roots to be 100% sure on base colour, as I only ever cut her hair,
I’m thinking of using bleach 6%, and maybe 7/0 + 7/1 to break up existing colour,
Her hair is a very golden yellow, not a nice colour, so I want to break up the demarcation line, not make her too dark but to blend the hair and look more like highlights while her colour grows out,
Any tired and tested formulas I should think about?
If there's a lot of gold and you want a nice natural look I'd consider using some. 8/69.

If there's a lot of gold and you want a nice natural look I'd consider using some. 8/69.
This is what she’s just sent me- she’s still quite dark at the back, with most of the grey at the front, I’ve never really used 8/69, do you think a level 7 would be too dark then?
My thinking was to use darker colour on roots and run it through to break up old colour, and make it look more like highlights, and bleach 6%, but now I’m thinking maybe not use the bleach, as that was to lighten the ends a bit?
What do you think?

Attachments

• FB21F9D8-AF51-49C0-9EA3-522AB7FEF0CF.jpeg
    FB21F9D8-AF51-49C0-9EA3-522AB7FEF0CF.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 0
This is what she’s just sent me- she’s still quite dark at the back, with most of the grey at the front, I’ve never really used 8/69, do you think a level 7 would be too dark then?
My thinking was to use darker colour on roots and run it through to break up old colour, and make it look more like highlights, and bleach 6%, but now I’m thinking maybe not use the bleach, as that was to lighten the ends a bit?
What do you think?
I would probably do 7/0 + 8/1 on the roots 6% and do highlights of bleach and probably only 3% or 4%. And maybe consider adding a few sections of 8/69 this will tone down the warmth on the ends and blend it in nicely with the new root colour.

I would probably do 7/0 + 8/1 on the roots 6% and do highlights of bleach and probably only 3% or 4%. And maybe consider adding a few sections of 8/69 this will tone down the warmth on the ends and blend it in nicely with the new root colour.
Thank you, think sometimes a little reassurance helps, 👍🏻

Latest posts

Back