Colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lafadf87

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help. I currently use Wella koleston from my client. I use the root touchup of 1/4 7/37 1/2 of 88/0 20 volume. My client wants to go half a shade lighter, but I am worrying that if I go half a shade lighter her roots might become translucent. What would you suggest? Would you suggest going for 1/4 of 880, 1/4 of 99/0 with the 1/4 of 7/37, or would you try something completely different? Any help would be amazing. Many thanks

Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help. I currently use Wella koleston from my client. I use the root touchup of 1/4 7/37 1/2 of 88/0 20 volume. My client wants to go half a shade lighter, but I am worrying that if I go half a shade lighter her roots might become translucent. What would you suggest? Would you suggest going for 1/4 of 880, 1/4 of 99/0 with the 1/4 of 7/37, or would you try something completely different? Any help would be amazing. Many thanks
Would your client be up for getting some highlights in? Even just her t-section? That way you could go up half a shade without it being too noticeable

Thankyou for your reply, I did offer my client a few highlights but she doesn’t want them at all which would have been easiest without causing a band. Do u think 1/4 77/0 and 1/4 of 88/0 would cause too much of a band?

Hi, I also use wella and have had a similar situation with a client. Without highlighting t-section it will be a slow process. It's easier over summer months as the hair naturally lightens, (you'll have to warn her it will go even lighter over summer). The 7/37 is quite dark and depending on how porous or long her hair is may be difficult to remove/lighten on lengths/ends and may cause problems later on if you need to refresh. I would explain to her that it will be a gradual process and maybe alter the amounts to include the 99/0. If the 7/37 fades before the next vist then that makes it easier to transition in 8/37. On my client it took about 3 months but I did get banding but covered it by adding colour touch all over. She now has 8/73 and bit of 8/0 and she has below shoulder hair.

Swap out your 88/0 for 8/0 .
With the intense coverage it almost gives you half a shade extra depth.

Latest posts

Back