Colour Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixen100

Reaction score
I need some advice. I have had blonde highlights for years, bleach, half a head including sides and the underneath was a semi permanent put on to make my natural colour warmer, as my natural colur is dark blonde light brown, with quite ashy tones.

I needed my blonde roots doing, but I wanted a change so i went to the hairdressers and asked for like for a similar kind of warm chestnut brown, not to dark, like i had on the underneath, but all over with just a section at the front still bleach blonde.

They used a pre colour, i think because obviously i had very blonde hair on top. But the pre colour was put all over the hair apart from the section which was going to be blonded. Then the semi- permanent was put on after it was dried

The hairdresser did exactly what I asked so it was no fault of hers whatsoever, but I guess after being so blonde for so long i just hate it. Plus i think it look unatural with a section of blonde rather than highlights. With the colur fading quick on the blonde and looking washed out, i just don,t like it! But hey that will serve me right.

It has been 3 4 weeks since i had it done. Can I have it back blonde again, how?

I understand that obviously there might be a problem because to put bleach highlights through top again some bleach may overlap on bleach on midlengths to ends underneath, but it is still possible?

Also i want blonde put through the underneath too which does not have any bleach on just semi?

Is it poss please help!!!!!

Go back to your hairdresser she will be able to recomend the best course of action hth's

Thanks, I am going to but don't have time at the moment and just wanted to know really what my options are going to be really!

can anyone help?:rolleyes:

It really would be best to seek professional advice.
This is a professional forum for professional hairdessers. We should not be giving advice.
Its best to go to your hairdresser,and get their advice. Hth, x

Hi

Firstly your hairdresser will need to strand test (this is quite easy we take a section of your hair from the top and under neath) first to test your underneath with bleach (it will have to be bleach as colour wont lift colour!) this should then be washed conditioned and dried. Have a look at the color and they will test the strength if its ok then no problems.

Now the top section that has previously been bleached is a little more of a problem/risky area. When its tested your hairstylist will be testing its strength as overly bleached hair can be more liable to snap.

What you could have done is a few bleach packets on the top, its advisable to go for a gentle lift maybe wella blondor granules with pastel toner. (pastel toner is a low peroxide )

HTH

hiya, your hair has faded as it is the first application on blonde hair. it will take a few times for the colour to cling. i think you may not be liking it as it is wishy washy with a random blonde bit. your options are the following
- have another dark over it and get rida the blond bit
- have dark and blonde foils through for a mixture, more natural if wanting to be lighter
- ask your hairdresser to do a strand test with bleach. depending what colour they used last time and how much it washed out, it might lift easily in which case you can go back to blonde.
y not post some photos of before and after
xx

ok thankyou will do.

Can't work out how to uploads photos but on the half head where it was bloNde and the sides you can see where the blonde is as now it is a light browny blonde so maybe it would not be a problem lifting it! It would still have to be bleach though woudn't it. If i had bleach on the undernaeath as well, where i have never had bleach just semi's, do you think my hair would constantly feel dry or are there plenty of treatments thesedays to keep bleached hair in good nic! Straightners prob won't help as i have curly haIR!:lol:

Latest posts

Back