Colour matching with weaves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
I know this is pretty straight forward but sometimes I really struggle. I lie the swatch against my clients hair and brush it to see if it blends, but does anyone else have any tips or tricks they use? The swatch can look perfect, but then when a long weft arrives, it sometimes doesn't look like it will match.

Do you match to the ends?

Is it always the same company that you find it not matching with when it comes? X
Not necessarily. I use two brands, one higher end, one cheaper . The cheaper one has happened twice, i ordered a 613, and when it arrived it look so yellow, like barbie hair! i sent it back and got shade 24. Then someone else came who i matched to 613, and i sent it back again, i have removed it from my colour ring. But also my more higher end one, last week, i matched my client to a 22 and when it came again looked quite yellow, but on the swatch it looks lighter, not yellow. Its the blondes that i struggle with the most, i have just ordered a prestige colour ring so i can start using them also, so now i have three suppliers! x

Not necessarily. I use two brands, one higher end, one cheaper . The cheaper one has happened twice, i ordered a 613, and when it arrived it look so yellow, like barbie hair! i sent it back and got shade 24. Then someone else came who i matched to 613, and i sent it back again, i have removed it from my colour ring. But also my more higher end one, last week, i matched my client to a 22 and when it came again looked quite yellow, but on the swatch it looks lighter, not yellow. Its the blondes that i struggle with the most, i have just ordered a prestige colour ring so i can start using them also, so now i have three suppliers! x

Its sounds like you're not doing anything wrong so it could possibly be that the companies aren't quality controlling thoroughly.

Its sounds like you're not doing anything wrong so it could possibly be that the companies aren't quality controlling thoroughly.
My next fitting is tomorrow, so we will see how that goes! If this one doesn't match, then its probably me lol! I am now doing weaves the way you suggested with the bottom row going from the ears to the nape of the neck, getting so much more hair in! x

My next fitting is tomorrow, so we will see how that goes! If this one doesn't match, then its probably me lol! I am now doing weaves the way you suggested with the bottom row going from the ears to the nape of the neck, getting so much more hair in! x

Yayyyy! Ear to ear is the way to go! X

Sometimes they can look different in the pack due to it being folded as in when u get it out and unfold it it isn't as dense so the colour is different .. If that's makes sense .. And love ear to ear haha x

Latest posts

Back