Colour of glitter changed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notsonewgeek

Lisa x
Reaction score
Hi
Just sculpted my first glitter tip - yay!!

Looks good - I've used red glitter and mixed as per instructions. My prob is that when I've filed over to smooth and buff etc, some of the colour from the glitter has come off and appears silver instead.

Any help?

I had some that did this, is it actual nail art glitter? Mine wasn't and all the colour sort of bled out of it leaving really curly silver flakes that looked pants!! HTH's

It was Ruby Slipper from Nail Graphix.

you need to cap your glitter tip using clear powder or gel, this helps you protect your glitter when you are filing/finishing
hth

i usually put a thin layer of clear over glitter before filing to stop this happening. hth xx

thanks. I'll try again later.

The instructions do say to overlay with pink or clear to protect the glitter - some of the multi coloured ones you can get away with not doing so, but the single colours are the most susceptible to this.

A lot of the metallic looking glitters are actually metals coated with colored paint/some kind of coloring substance. So when you file them, the color gets rubbed off and all you see is the silver metal. (the glitter that is holographic/transparent is actually that color all the way through and usually will retain it's color when filed)

I also add a clear coat of acrylic to protect the colored glitters......

HTH

Keri

Latest posts

Back