Colour on white hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliotf9

Reaction score
I saw a debate the other day on another hair forum about peroxide strength on white hair. Some said use 3% and some said use 6%. I have two clients who have 90% white hair and 10% grey hair. The first client according to her record card she has given me her previous hairdresser used to use 3% with 8nn and 9n&9gb. The second lady who hasn't had her hair done since August last year has no colour left in her hair now and likes different shades on the '9' level. Should I use 3% or 6% in the colours for their foils? I always thought you used 6% to lift white and grey hair. Any ideas?

I saw a debate the other day on another hair forum about peroxide strength on white hair. Some said use 3% and some said use 6%. I have two clients who have 90% white hair and 10% grey hair. The first client according to her record card she has given me her previous hairdresser used to use 3% with 8nn and 9n&9gb. The second lady who hasn't had her hair done since August last year has no colour left in her hair now and likes different shades on the '9' level. Should I use 3% or 6% in the colours for their foils? I always thought you used 6% to lift white and grey hair. Any ideas?
Having tati Ed with several brands, I would say it's brand specific.
When I trained with wella standard white coverage was with 6%
With colorissimo its 6% but I find 4% gives longer lasting colour.
With Framesi it was 3% for under 70%white. If it was over 70% it was 4.5% for there one colour line. Yet for their other colour line white coverage is actually 6%.

Latest posts

Back