Colour Pops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beautifulnails03

Reaction score
I bought a Colour Pops display today but on the instructions it says that for a longer life you should coat them with gel. I don't have gel though so will clear acrylic work just as well? :?

why would you want to do either, polish colours change all the time so why worry about long lasting colour.
As you change your polish colours you can change the colour pop.
If you want them to display art, I`d be inclined to still change it as the base colour may go out of fashion

I don't paint directly onto my colour pops, I do my design on a tip, then use a wee bit blue-tak, or double sided sticktape to attach them.

That way, if I get bored of the design- I've not wasted the pop itself.

I can also have loads of different seasonal designs in store 8)

Fi

beautifulnails03 said:
I bought a Colour Pops display today but on the instructions it says that for a longer life you should coat them with gel. I don't have gel though so will clear acrylic work just as well? :?

Do you know I never saw any instructions like that on mine....I wondered why the tips were disintigrating (and that using an acetone-free polish) when I tried removing the polish to replace with a new one! I suppose it would be a bit fiddly to apply an acrylic for the base because you would probably want to refine the surface to get the polish on nice and smoothly....but I'm not an expert with the ol L&P. Don't see why you coudn't use resins from a fibreglass kit though?

EXACTLY HOLLY ....

A couple of layers of BOOST would be all you needed to do to make the tip safe against solvents etc.

Imagine applying gel and all that fiddly curing under the lamp and buffing ... what a pain. Same with L&P having to buff smooth before you can use the pop.

2 layers of boost. Probably no buffing. And away you go!

I just break the tips off when I am finished with or want to change them and apply another Creative Formation #5 tip to the pop with either a glue gun or a bead of clear L&P. Very secure, brand new, no trouble and it is the same tip as they use on the pops so it matches all the others. Simple solution, fast and easy.

Blue tack or (sticky tape - fiddly) would not be a good idea for me as it is not secure and it shows through the tip if you are doing a delicate design etc. It has to be simple fast and easy or you will get bored and frustrated with the time spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back