colour pops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
hi i dont know if this has been metioned before , but i went to my local arts and craft center the ther day and got some dowel sticks they are nearly the same size as the colour pop sticks and i glued some tips on the end and now have a good way to display my nail art , i got a pack of 60 for £1.99 how cheap is that ! then i just sprayed em silver and they look good , and definatley cheaper than the colour pops (which i cant afford coz i am skint :rolleyes: ) , i have to say i think its a pretty good idea

That's a really good idea! I have seen something similar done before, i can't remember if it was anyone on this site or not but they pretty much had done the same thing. They had nail tips stuck onto sticks and then pushed into polystyrene(don't know if that's the proper spelling!) or florists foam. You can get all different shapes;ie: from Hobbycraft for example. I was gonna do this but am too lazy and just brought the colorpops anyway! But if i have alot of artwork to display, i will probably make one! Much cheaper than £30 odd quid a time.;)

I have to say, Hobbycraft is an excellent shop to go to, for all those little things we need, like nylon brushes to clean up smiles, pippetts to protect your brushes, paints for nail art etc, its a gold mine of money saving ideas, hadn't thought of this one though, really good idea with the display rods.

i loved the look of em, but also cant afford them, but that is worth thinking about. thanks for the great tip.
icon_biggrin.gif

Today I went to Hobbycraft & got loads of bottles of acrylic paint from the bargain bin for just 9p each. BARGAIN. Some colours I didn't really want but for that price you never know when they might come in handy.

Still can't get the hang of painting flowers though. Do you use the brush to do 1 whole petal at a time or 1 swipe to the left & 1 to the right to make each petal? Does that make sense?

Sonia

princessmowgli said:
Today I went to Hobbycraft & got loads of bottles of acrylic paint from the bargain bin for just 9p each. BARGAIN. Some colours I didn't really want but for that price you never know when they might come in handy.

Still can't get the hang of painting flowers though. Do you use the brush to do 1 whole petal at a time or 1 swipe to the left & 1 to the right to make each petal? Does that make sense?

Sonia
Hi Sonia: send me a PM to let me know what colours you dont want and if i'm interested i'll buy them off you (i'll even pay a little more than the 9p each!!).

I think i may have to go down to my hobbycraft on friday and see if they have any bargains as far as paint is concerned.

Its amazing what you can get from there for such a reasonable price.

If they have Caz i will get you some if you like matey.

You could try a dotting tool at first they create nice little flowers and are a really easy starting point.

Jen :lol:

Latest posts

Back