Colour question threads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penners

Reaction score
I'm not being narky - honestly, but the hair geeks - particularly the expert colour techs cannot fully answer a post about 'what colour is this' as it does all depend on the clients natural hair and unless they are doing a consultation themselves with full access to the clients hair type, previous colours etc. posting a question - 'what shall I use' is not really going to get you anywhere and may potentially lead you up the wrong path.
We all need to draw on our own training (me included) and have a really good think about the options depending on what colours we use or were trained with and get on some good colour courses - visually seeing the expert at work is really the only way to properly gain the knowledge.
with all peace and respect:D

Agreed. The colour threads are a real problem at the moment. It's impossible to give correct advice over the Internet, especially when people don't seem to know the icc. 'Chocolate brown' can mean so many different things to different people, that's it becomes impossible.
Also we all use different ranges. I can advise on Redken and l'Oreal, but not wella or matrix, let alone sp or rusk.

I would also say, if you can't do colour correction, refer your client to a stylist who can, and watch. If you don't have a full colour range, don't attempt it. Nobody can give you advice over the net on which single tube of colour to buy from a wholesaler that will be exactly right for a correction as there are infinite variables that can occur.

I think with the right background information we can give guidance I.e. make sure you have a red in that as its blue based and will go green on blonde or that kind of thing, but when people want exact colour to use is far too difficult to just pluck out the air on, I want med brown what colour shall i use, .... There are about 12 med brown shades, not even counting the interminable ranges.... Which one are you wanting us to guess at, I think its more unrealistic the queries that have been coming up lately.

Needing help is one thing, wanting a step by step tutorial is another and wont happen as no one can give that over the net.

Hopefully will turn back round again soon :)

Latest posts

Back