colour questions!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kells

Reaction score
Hi all,

A couple of questions today I'm afraid!

My brother kept badgering me to bleach his hair for him for the summer & as much as I didn't want to do it, I finally did it yesterday to shut him up. Now his natural hair is about 4 base (possibly even a 3) & I said to him that it'll be a gingery colour as he has an all over bleach so mixed with 9%. Anyway, as expected, it has turned out a gingery yellow. He wants more of a platinum blonde - what can I do to tone this down for him. He knew the risks of bleaching his hair but would like to try to achieve the colour he wanted?

Secondly, I regularly colour my partners hair using Koleston 66/0 + 6% but we have noticed that it has a gingery tint - I have heard that Koleston are a bit more reddy than other ranges but I'd prefer to achieve a better colour?

Crikey it sounds like I colour everyone ginger doesnt it!!

Thanks

hiya first of all, you have the option of bleaching again with pastel, or use a toner, a fantastic one is 10/8 with pastel. you'll need to leave it on about 10min i think. and then silver shampoo from SP is good, and pure pearl from redken is fantastic.
try using a different 6 line, eg 6/03 or 6/07 6%
hth

your best bet would be to lighten again- try and get it to look like the inside of a banana peel, that is when toning is most effective. If you are still too yellow or golden, your toner will be a temporary fix.

Latest posts

Back