Colour reducer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamtina22

Reaction score
I have a client with Asian hair. She used a home due on the top and mid section of her hair and it went black. She wants it to much up to the colour on the ends as it was before.

I was thinking could I use rusk elimin8 ?
I've never used it before but as she's only coloured her hair once I imagine it would work ?

Then she likes the look of schwarzkopf igora royal 6-63 and 4-65 so would I be ok to apply something like that afterwards ?

Thankyou

I'd use the color reducer, really rinse the hell out of it. Then use the developer to make sure its all out, then if it goes dark again, repeat the application and rinsing. If she wants to be a 5, use a level 7 demi.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454777873.850094.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454777900.183533.jpg

This is her hair .. She wants it more like the colour at the ends

Do you just get enough for one application of colour reducer do you know or will there be enough if I need to do it again ? And what's the reasoning for using a 7 Demi if I want a 5?
Sorry for all the questions I've just never used colour reducer before and never worked with Asian hair [emoji16] thanks

How much you get depends on the brand. How many applications depends on the length and thickness of the hair. The reason you'd use a 7 is that the hair is more likely to go dark. Trust me.

I think most colour reducers advise to go AT LEAST one depth higher than target shade when re-colouring as there's likely to be a few remaining darker colour molecules left that will re-oxidise and give the impression of a darker shade.

Ok great yes that makes sense so I could use igora vibrance in something like a 7-65

I don't know that line, sorry.

Latest posts

Back