Colour reducers versus colour strippers

daynadawn2

Just looked at their press info and it’s a standard colour reducer, so it should be fine if you follow the instructions carefully. The key part is to keep moving the hair whilst rinsing and keep rinsing. Use a timer to ensure you rinse for the correct amount of time because any molecules left behind will re-oxidise.
Yeah I've had a look and they look good so fingers crossed, I'm going to bleach bath it after anyway, thank you

Kerrig

I don't understand the peroxide mix test? You apply neat peroxide to a section and wait for the hair to go darker ? Also what is everyone's favourite colour reducer? X
Affinage eraser!!! That's seriously game changing stuff! It actually conditions and makes it feel better as it restores the ph levels

supergirl360

This is super helpful thanks guys

Rebekita

Thoughts on wella renew?

Kylie.huds

Hair dying technician
Thank you for sharing.

TheOracle

Thoughts on wella renew?
I love it!!! Easy to mix to a nice gel consistency that spreads well.
No odour, no sting, cover with a cap and leave or heat under an infared.

Awesome results with great condition.

Cath55

Thoughts on wella renew?
I used Wella Renew and I am not entirely sold on it. The first time I used it was on my own hair. I had used 9/61 as I always do, but for some reason the tone grabbed more and I got a lot of lavender (like) over depositing. I think it was because I had just come back from 2 weeks in Mexico and my hair was butchered from sun and chlorine. Anyway, I had bought the Colour Renew about a month earlier and had wanted a chance to use it. In fairness, it did get all the tone out of the hair and set me back to a light brassy blonde. So on the first round, I was impressed. I found it quite runny and somewhat tricky to apply (as it dripped) but it did do what it promised it would.

Second use (however) was a different story. My daughter's friend had applied a box colour and rather than the chocolate she had hoped for, she ended up with a black! (Usual story!). I used the Wella Renew and put her under heat, but after 45 minutes it ultimately was not budging that much. I gave her a second application (again) under heat. This time it got her from a black to a soft darker brown and she was not actually that unhappy as it was better than the black. But I don't think you could call this a colour remover as such.