Colour remover for direct dye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haribo

Reaction score
Hi, I have the same problem with my hair after using the same colour. Cant get rid of the blue/green, I’ve tried fading and supermarket colour removers but it’s slow extremely progress. I wonder how you’ve got on with the blank canvas or Malibu c ddl? I’d love to know if you’ve had any success with either of them? (Hope so)

Hi, I have the same problem with my hair after using the same colour. Cant get rid of the blue/green, I’ve tried fading and supermarket colour removers but it’s slow extremely progress. I wonder how you’ve got on with the blank canvas or Malibu c ddl? I’d love to know if you’ve had any success with either of them? (Hope so)
Can we have a bit more info in what colour you used please?

I’ve moved your post to the Ask a Pro section as you are not a qualified hairdresser.

However, I can advise that you should never use bleach on a direct dye colour. If you've used hair bleach or a remover for ordinary hair colour, you may have inadvertantly caused the colour to stain the cuticle and a direct dye remover is unlikely to do anything at this stage.

Direct dye fashion colours are completely different chemically to ordinary hair colour and blue based purples especially can fade out blue/green. Often the only options if it’s stained the hair shaft are to live with it, colour over it or cut it out.

Latest posts

Back