Colour remover recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairinsouthwest

Reaction score
Hello!
After some advice regarding which colour removers you have all used and how they work?
Ive only used Affinage previously which is a 3 or 4 step application. I’ve just been searching online to buy some more for another client and have seen some alternative brands - L’Oréal and swarzkopf in particular which literally look like a single sachet application. A lot cheaper also. Anyone used them and have good reviews? Finding it hard to believe they would be as effective as the more complex applications??
my client is a natural level 6/7 and has black box dyed very long hair 😳 So I need something that’s going to work well!

any thoughts gratefully received 😊

Loreal effasor is a bleach based product and so is the schwarzkopf one. So yes a much more straight forward process but it will also lift the natural hair, and cause damage. Whereas colour removers cause little to no damage.

Oh, I see. So just a very weak bleach? Thanks so much. I probably would have gone for one of these without realising. I’ll stick to what I know then as it worked well previously and as you say, very little damage.

Latest posts

Back