Colour remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Hi ! I've currently got quite a build up 55/64 + 5 6% on my hair, 70% white base 6 ish, I really want to go lighter, I've never used a colour remover before, I've only ever done bleach baths..... Anyway, has anyone any idea what colour I might he left so I can have a colour ready to go back on, I'm looking at something like a level 7.. Red/copper

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_203040.jpg
    IMG_20200206_203040.jpg
    850.3 KB · Views: 39
Hi ! I've currently got quite a build up 55/64 + 5 6% on my hair, 70% white base 6 ish, I really want to go lighter, I've never used a colour remover before, I've only ever done bleach baths..... Anyway, has anyone any idea what colour I might he left so I can have a colour ready to go back on, I'm looking at something like a level 7.. Red/copper
A level 7 should definitely be achievable providing the colour remover is done correctly. You have to make sure you keep agitating the hair during the rinsing processes. Otherwise you could be left with an undesired result.

Take a look through this thread to clarify anything you're unsure of. Also make sure you read the instructions thoroughly. I would consider myself experienced with colour removers, but I will always read the instructions thoroughly before and during the process becaue you never know what you might miss and each step is vital when it comes to colour removing.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/colour-reducers-versus-colour-strippers.315126/

What sort of colour would I be looking at left with after the removal process, 55/75 is such a strong colour ? ( will I need a hat to go to the wholesalers ) It's obv not going to take me back to my natural 70% white?

What sort of colour would I be looking at left with after the removal process, 55/75 is such a strong colour ? ( will I need a hat to go to the wholesalers ) It's obv not going to take me back to my natural 70% white?
I'm my experience you're never left with a rediculous colour. I would expect to see something like 7/37 7/34 at its worst.

I'm my experience you're never left with a rediculous colour. I would expect to see something like 7/37 7/34 at its worst.
Fantastic! Just one more question!! Am I OK to re tint straight away?

Last edited:
Fantastic! Just one more question!! Am I OK to re tint straight away?
Yeah, some brands suggest you use a quasi /demi permanent, some suggest you use a permanent tint. Always select a shade at least 2 shades lighter than your desired result.

Yeah, some brands suggest you use a quasi /demi permanent, some suggest you use a permanent tint. Always select a shade at least 2 shades lighter than your desired result.
Thanks so much for all your help !

Love the result! This is from a 55/65 which had a lot of build up, I love the ends, roots need colouring ( base 5 maybe 6 70%white..... I'm thinking 7/34 + 7 on roots and 8/34 on the rest to get it all even?? ( excuse the no make up!!)

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_165624.jpg
    IMG_20200302_165624.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 35
Love the result! This is from a 55/65 which had a lot of build up, I love the ends, roots need colouring ( base 5 maybe 6 70%white..... I'm thinking 7/34 + 7 on roots and 8/34 on the rest to get it all even?? ( excuse the no make up!!)
Nice! The ends look slightly darker still, but it could just be the picture. I'd be careful putting tint over those ends now. I'd consider doing a light bleach wash on the ends first to see if you can get it to lift at least 1-2 levels more. Or if you feel comfortable apply another colour remover to the darker M. L. E (better option as it'll cause less damage).

Ive done another remover! I think that's as good as it's going to get. I'm concerned about colouring the regrowth to match without any overlap that will band?

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_200634.jpg
    IMG_20200302_200634.jpg
    913.5 KB · Views: 20
Ive done another remover! I think that's as good as it's going to get. I'm concerned about colouring the regrowth to match without any overlap that will band?
Yeah I see what you mean :/ unfortunately unless you have someone to help you, there's always the chance you'll overlap and cause banding :/

That looks gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back