Colour stripper help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashlea

Reaction score
has anyone ever tried the rusk colour stripper? Or could anyone reccommend a good one?
I have a client with coloured dark brown hair she wants to go a deep but vibrant purple but i would rather stay from bleach if possible. Can any one help please?

What's the current depth and what are you planning to use for the purple?

If you want to use a vibrant purple direct dye, you're going to need to lighten it to a pale yellow so you'll have to use bleach at some point.

Why are you not keen on using bleach? Is the hair already compromised?

I prefer to use Affinage Eraser to remove colour.

She is on about the same base level that she wants to go so around a base 5 but her colour is very warm and chocolatey, she wants it to still be dark but with a vibrant purple tone so was wanting to use possibly wella 55/66 with 0/65 mixer as the colour she has showed me is purple but with a slight pinky tone. I mainly only want to knock out some of the old tones in the hair rather than lift it really light to bring it back down to a 5 again as i think it wont go vibrant enough if i just put this over her dark brown. Ooh whats that i've not heard of that before Ill have to have a look at it :) thanks for the help! x

I don't think you'll get anything very vibrant using Wella. It will be quite muted looking.

Have you got a picture of how vibrant you want it to look?

Generally, I'd use a direct dye for a vibrant bright colour and a tint for rich deep colour.

Try Rusk 5/22 with the violet mix ....

i was thinking of trying rusk to be honest, im trying my first rusk colour tonight on a client so if i like it i will probably move to that, she wants it dark with a lot of depth and tone so i dont want to use a direct colour i definitely want to go for one with some base to it xx

I used rusk for the after colour xx
image.jpeg

oog thats lovely which one did you use? thats like the colour she is wanting to go for but she has like a level 5 very chocolatey colour so i'm thinking to strip it first just to knock out some of the reddish brunette tones? i would rather not bleach it as i dont want to cause damage to her hair xx

oog thats lovely which one did you use? thats like the colour she is wanting to go for but she has like a level 5 very chocolatey colour so i'm thinking to strip it first just to knock out some of the reddish brunette tones? i would rather not bleach it as i dont want to cause damage to her hair xx
I balayaged first with bleach 20vol. The I done the root stretch with 4.62rv 10vol and melted it into 5.22vv 10vol xx

thanks brill thanks hun, she only wants all one colour so i think ill just strip it and use the 5.22 did you put any violet mixer in it? xx

thanks brill thanks hun, she only wants all one colour so i think ill just strip it and use the 5.22 did you put any violet mixer in it? xx

I didn't but I probe would as it faded quite quick. Now. In the process of taking her blond grrr lol xx

oh my god as if what a nightmare haha good luck and thanks for the reccomendation :) xx

Ninar how did u go about the blonde ? Have a red dyes client and wanting to go caramel with highlights.. was just planning on stripping . Highlighting and tint in between . What would u reccomend to strip hair i usually bleach and shampoo .. x

Ninar how did u go about the blonde ? Have a red dyes client and wanting to go caramel with highlights.. was just planning on stripping . Highlighting and tint in between . What would u reccomend to strip hair i usually bleach and shampoo .. x
Hiya this took some lifting out. I done a mild bleach bath to remove n done what you have said put highlighys in n colour between x

Ive used the rusk colour stripper and they are great but you MUST stick to the instructions. I use Wella usually but the wholesalers I use suggested I try a Framesi colour to go a vibrant purple and it was great. I'll check the number and put it on here (I'm new to this geek thing ha ha ha)

Latest posts

Back