colour techniques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
hey theres lots of ways that people have there hair coloured these days mostly i would think by having foils, but i have come across a new technique (well to me ) called colour layering, i was just wondering what type of colouring techniques you use mostly in the salon you work at and whats your favourite ways of colouring, in the salon i work at most people have foils i love doing them but wondered if there were different ways of foiling apart from the t section/ half/full head ..

i once went to a hair show and it was more for the fashion look but they took pieces of corigated carboard and coloured the hair that way but instead of doing it vertically down the hair they did it across so when the colour was taken off it looked like when ur hair is crimped it was a good look but not an everyday type of look if u understand me:green:

and does anyone still do the old faithfull cap highlights these days?:)

Good thread :!:

It will be interesting from a personal point of veiw to hear how things have changed since i was last in salon :D

Well I like using foils but as I dont have many clients these days I cant really comment on the more avant garde techniques, there is a good website that does show different colour techniques ill get you the link as it is quite interesting I think its Wella.
I do use the cap on occasions for instance on 1 of my clients she had very short wiry/thick bouncy hair and wanted to go lighter so we lightened using the cap for some bleach highlights.
would love to hear from others though.

Latest posts

Back