colour tipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
Hi,
just a quick question regarding a colour process , I may have the term wrong but I have had a customer inquire about having just the ends of her hair coloured. Her hair is just touching her shoulders its a graduated bob but does have a few layers , I would presume she would just want the ends of the length coloured not the layers.
Has anyone done this before and does it look good ? her hair has never been coloured before I would say a base of 5 and she wanted bright red (was thinking of using majicontrast red/or magenta red )
I suggested about having some flashes of it put through her hair rather than just having the ends coloured but shes not fussed on the idea..

what are your thoughts on it ?

I think its quite an old fashion from around 2 years ago or more, but if she wants that and you think it will suit her and her lifestyle and of course if you can do it then go for it.

it was all the rage when i was training ten years ago, and as with everything...if it suits the client it doesnt matter how long its been around...these days what hasnt been round already at least once lol

what about doin the tipped mid length to ends but one side only, espiecally if you can get her to go shorter on one side, would look really funky!

personally would go for the red in majicontrast for as much impact as poss.

it will look great dont doubt urself!

Hi natsel , what Bluetopaz suggested sounds lovely
and I agree the red maji contrast in red /rouge is a fab colour

it is a fantastic bright pillar box red which is great for impact
perhaps you could offer her just a few thin darker slices
right next to the red ones for a peek through effect
dark or black bits would set it all off , :hug:

perhaps do the maji ones last as it takes quite quickly ,
and it only needs 6% volume ,
sounds interesting let us know how it goes ? :hug:

thanks for all your replys you idea sounds fab bluetopaz, I love the maji contrast colours minky I use them quite alot one of my customers has it in her hair contrasted against black and I also put a few flashes underneath its really quite striking and looks lovely

thanks for you thoughts will let you know how it goes I did 3 test pieces on her hair today to show her the outcome shes taken them and will be back tomorrow !

thanks again

ur welcome natsel

let us know what gets decided and how it goes :)

WELLLL.....

after the client came in, I sat down with her and explained the process etc and told her the pros and cons of just having her hair tipped at the ends she was really happy with the test pieces and decided to go for the magenta red and also instead of having the ends tipped after a bit of help through showing her pictures etc she decided she didnt want to have it tipped and went for flashes instead...
I decided to give her 3 flashes she had a slight one going through her side fringe , one towards the front left hand side of the head and one towards the bottom of the right side of the head, I didnt do to many as I said if she didnt like it , it would be easier to correct but if she did next time she could have more , anyway cut a long story short she loved it she left with a great big smile on her face lol which is great that is the best bit about my job I enjoy seeing the difference from when the customer comes in to when they leave.
on a good note the next day I had a phone call from the customers mother to say what a lovely job I had done and she booked herself in and also 2 of her other children for hair cuts next week.

thanks again for your help guys xxxx

Latest posts

Back