Colour Tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tip Toes

Reaction score
Can anyone please help!!!!!!!!!!! Had a new customer in today, she used to go to another salon that uses coloured tips (black, purple etc) and she wants me to use the same. I explained I can use coloured acrylic but Nooooooooo!! don't want that wants coloured tips. Where can i purchase these and are they any good? Please help she's coming back wednesday.
Thanks!:eek:

so she must be having a soak off and new set every time...does she know its costing her more money this way.

its her choice i guess but not something i would offer....if she isn't interested in colour powder/gel then i would recommend she goes back to her old salon.

Do you have call for colour tips....do you want to stock and offer this service...?

At Your Finger Tips

Try out this place.

I recently ought some black and pink tips to play with but they sell all sorts.

hth:hug:

so she must be having a soak off and new set every time...does she know its costing her more money this way.

its her choice i guess but not something i would offer....if she isn't interested in colour powder/gel then i would recommend she goes back to her old salon.

Do you have call for colour tips....do you want to stock and offer this service...?

She has them infilled once then a new set every month. As you say its her choice and I will try and do whatever the customer requires.

hi hun does she know that soaking off the nails this often can be detrementle to the nail as well xx

Im with scratchers it is also bad for health as well.
They are now looking into the fact that frequent soaking in acetone can contribute towards liver damage. A lot of salons that I no now file down for removals x x

You can find these on ebay at a reasonable price,
don't know what they are like though as i have not tried any

I bought some black tips from ebay to try they looked great.When i applied them and did a clear gel overlay i then did a silver stripe across the side of the tip.it looked really smart to out with.You can get loads of different colours at a good price on ebay just incase someone did want tem you havt spent too much money then.But like the other geek above say its costing her more money to have it done that way. xx

Have you thought about maybe doing your own nails in coloured acrylic to convert her?
She may not be picturing them right....

Ditto what Tammy said;

Show your client "the light". Have some pictures for her to see. Show her some "coloured acrylic tips" from your nail magazines and how A) they are MUCH nicer and B)WAAAAAAAAAY more options in colours and C) much more cost effective than soaking off everytime and D) with no more soak-offs, less drying to the nails and skin....

As we say "educate' her and be sure to do your own with a coloured acrylic. Have some tips on hand (for some are hard-headed) but try to swing her the other way.
IF she balks at even being educated, explain: "I'm sorry, but it's very important to me that my clients know all the options available to them, so that I can be 100% sure that they have made the right choice for themselves and know that I'm giving them the best service possible"

And umm well, it's not good to slander other techs. It's not a very nice thing to do, and unprofessional.
But perhaps if you could say something along the lines of "your former tech likely didn't know the advanced skill of sculpting and using coloured acrylic, which is why she relied on the beginner's method of using coloured tips and frequent soak-off's" Perhaps she might be more inclined to switch over, if she feels that you are a more skilled technician?

hth's

I wouldnt buy tips just for one client! :eek: there are so many types and colours where do you stop? You've invested in coloured powder so use what you have. Explain to her as VHunter rightly said that you use more advanced techniques and create far more options than a coloured tip.
OR you can charge her for the box and tell her they are hers and will only be used for her nails after each soak off.

Why dont you offer her coloured L&P rather than a tip, you wont be able to re-balance the tips unless you put a cb colour over the growth, so almost everytime will be a new set!?
What a waste of the clients money and your time.
Her nails will be beaten and bashed by this, soaking them off with acetone, putting a fresh set back on!

Creative do fabulous coloured L&P, and you can mix them to make alternative colours, add glitters etc.
Much more scope to do this imo!

If she likes her nails finkey and different by only wanting coloured tips she's limiting herself to a whole world of possibilities, perhaps get some tips made up of different coloured glitters, blends and things, she'll soon realise what she's missing. If she likes different colours, you could end up with a good 15 dfferent boxes of tips for one person. If she then decides she's going to go off somewhere else your stuck with stock you don't really want x x x

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!:hug:
I will make up some tips to show her, but a quick question can you buy the coloured powders seperate? I do have them but I purchased in multi kits.
Any fab combinations anyone can surgest would be FAB!!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back