Colour toner help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi guys ,I'm working on a base of an 8 (warm) and 1inch regrowth with a scalp bleach on ends. does anyone have any ideas for a toner on this one please?? I don't have much call for fashion shades but they are becoming really popular. Could I use 55/66 on roots, just worried about it going dark and loosing vibrancy then 55/66 diluted with 10/0 with pastel for the ends? Any help would be appreciated x
Screenshot_20190123-131314.jpeg

I would definitely go with 55/65 kp on roots. Colour Touch isn't as vibrant so stick with koleston if you can.
Then I'd think about using colour touch relights 3parts /0 +1 part /56 for ends.
Your other option would be 3parts 10/0 +1part 55/65 for ends.

Awesome thankyou! I think I will try the KP as never used relights but thankyou for your reply,i work on my own so it's nice to have a second opinion when your not sure so thankyou x

Awesome thankyou! I think I will try the KP as never used relights but thankyou for your reply,i work on my own so it's nice to have a second opinion when your not sure so thankyou x
My pleasure :) I'm gutted kp is being discontinued! If you're going to stick to wella in the future, definitely try and experiment more with colour touch! You can achieve some amazing colours with it. Especially over prelightened hair. If you have any questions you can always pm me :)

My pleasure :) I'm gutted kp is being discontinued! If you're going to stick to wella in the future, definitely try and experiment more with colour touch! You can achieve some amazing colours with it. Especially over prelightened hair. If you have any questions you can always pm me :)
Aww thankyou! The world could do with alot more kind people like you!! Ididn't know that! Omg is there any colour houses that are similar? I will be lost without Wells and the numbering system [emoji44]

Wella Koleston perfect is not being discontinued, who told you that?

Wella Koleston perfect is not being discontinued, who told you that?
Yes it is, they're re-releasing it. It will now be koleston perfect me +, it's formulated differently so you cannot mix it with the original kp, and every person has to have a patch test regardless of the fact they used to have kp becaus the formulation is different.
I'm a wella salon, wella didn't even bother to let me know, they stopped producing KP before Christmas.

Aww thankyou! The world could do with alot more kind people like you!! Ididn't know that! Omg is there any colour houses that are similar? I will be lost without Wells and the numbering system [emoji44]
Ahh thank you :) we're actually changing over to Framesi in the salon. We've had a trial, and we've been on courses all free of charge and that was before we even decided we liked it. We also met the brand ambassador, who came to the salon to introduce and explain the brand to us.

Yes it is, they're re-releasing it. It will now be koleston perfect me +, it's formulated differently so you cannot mix it with the original kp, and every person has to have a patch test regardless of the fact they used to have kp becaus the formulation is different.
I'm a wella salon, wella didn't even bother to let me know, they stopped producing KP before Christmas.
thats not what my well rep told me, we where told that although as a company they don't generally recommend mixing the two, that you can, it will be find, you just wont get the benefit of the new line. Every colour line at some point has to reformulate, it took wella something like 20 years to change something, its long overdue. Regardless I have switched to mydentity as wella still test on animals, and mydentity does not.

thats not what my well rep told me, we where told that although as a company they don't generally recommend mixing the two, that you can, it will be find, you just wont get the benefit of the new line. Every colour line at some point has to reformulate, it took wella something like 20 years to change something, its long overdue. Regardless I have switched to mydentity as wella still test on animals, and mydentity does not.
Omg I didn't know Wella tested on animals! I may be re branding myself too. [emoji44]

What I didn't like was that the cost has gone up a few £ a tube, as a salon in a fairly deprived area, although we are a higher end salon, we cannot absorb that extra cost, and cannot expect clients to pay it either. So it's left us with no choice but to change brands. I am devastated as I have used wella for years. But I feel like their focus is no longer customer service, its been shocking the last few years! I haven't seen a rep for about 6 months And before that I hadn't seen one for over a year! So unfortunately we were missing out on new promotions, and relying on social media to introduce new products to us. I'm looking forward to the change as Framesi has done more for us in a few weeks than wella has the last 2-3years!

Latest posts

Back