Coloured Acrylic/Gel UV Gel etc etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divalou

Reaction score
Hi ther;
Im a salon owner, I dont do nails myelf but I really want to push the creative side of the nails.
My technican currently uses soely Creative, but only really does french/clear (ZZzzz). After looking at some of the designs from you guys I want to push her towards bigger and better nail things!!

So my question is, in you experience whch products are best? Creative? EZ Flow? I know Creative have a good rep. and last but are they any good for the more fancy side of things?

Also, does anyoen know of anywhere where you can get nail art/ coloured acrylic design books/tutorials/dvs or whatver?

thanks

Lou
x

I think both Creative and Ez Flow have lovely colours, although its something you want to push, is there are market for it...??

i once brought an air spray gun cos i felt i was missing out on all those lovely designs....it sat gathering dust...not 1 client wanted it.

For coloured gels, you could try Akzentz, Bio, Calgel, (just a few of many)

I use all creative products and just love nail art, i always have something wild and wacky on my nails,
bagpuss is right, i would get hold of some trade mags with pics of nail art or print some pics off on your pc and show them to the clients and ask if they would like it/wear it/pay for it before pushing your technician out of her comfort zone and spending lots of money
there is only one of my clients that will have art on her finger nails and then its only minimal, i have lots that will have art on their toe nails in summer hth

I have airbrushing kit, but is is not called for, I do however get asked for simple hand designs. Embedded gems, glitter, spakley bits etc.
Here is a link too a video that may be of use.
YouTube - Teach yourself ArtNails II
others are on there too.

Hi ther;
Im a salon owner, I dont do nails myelf but I really want to push the creative side of the nails.
My technican currently uses soely Creative, but only really does french/clear (ZZzzz). After looking at some of the designs from you guys I want to push her towards bigger and better nail things!!

So my question is, in you experience whch products are best? Creative? EZ Flow? I know Creative have a good rep. and last but are they any good for the more fancy side of things?

Also, does anyoen know of anywhere where you can get nail art/ coloured acrylic design books/tutorials/dvs or whatver?

thanks

Lou
x

EzFlow do a class just for design with coloured l&p where you can learn all the techniques needed to create something different (and soon a gel design class (with our new coloured gel collections))

there are 4 boogie nights collections which are pre mixed l&p with glitters
and there are 4 coloured l&p collections too
with over a 100 powders to choose from that can all be intermixed to create what design you can think of...... there is a fab range to suit all sorts :)

you can also get a dvd of some designs you can get from your local EzFLow sub distributor on 0845 330 0840

and a v inspiring lady who has done some tutorials on her blog is Sam Biddle who is part of the EzFlow education team... check her blog here Sam Biddle

hth

Jess
xox

Last edited:
for liquid and powder, i'd say ezflow offer the best and most inspirational ranges.

for gel lechat takes a lot of beating, i've yet to come accross another gel company that offers the variety of special effects that le chat do.
LeChat UK - Nail Care Products

There's no reason why your tech can't stay with Creative if that's the company she trained with and is comfortable with their products.
There are all sort of things that can be added to any brand of acrylic or uv gel, such as glitters and dried flowers, icy mylar flakes, crushed shells.

I am by no means, the best artist, but I will try anything out there, at least once.
Here's my albums if you want to have a look at some of my experiments:
OnglesChezVictoria - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll tell you straight: it's not easy to get started. It is daunting. BUT once one gets over the fear of trying... it gets easier. And with practice, we get better. If your tech has willing 'models' that will let her experiment and not get annoyed with results that might be a bit wonky, that's great.
If not, she can glue-gun full well tips onto toothpicks or long wooden coffee stir sticks (slimmer than popsicle sticks) and do art that way,playing around.

A great way to practice painting techniques is to use a regular white ceramic tile (like you might use on a floor or a bathroom shower wall) because whatever you use to do the art with (polish or water-based acrylic paint) will come off without damaging the tile and she can paint and paint and paint to her heart's content.

The trick is to HAVE FUN and not be afraid of mistakes. I've made many "Mistakes" that turned out LOVELY:lol:
If you search online 'nail art tutorials', you'll find LOADS of step by steps, as well on Youtube.com too.
There are plenty here on this site, and here too:
Find a Nail Tech, Locate Nail Salons & Nail Suppliers

Most bigger distributors do teach some art, so seek them out and ask their advice.

As for enticing clients, the best way to do that is to wear it and to display it.
A great many of my clients have come to me from seeing my art on someone else. No everyone pays great mind to P&W's (unless they are perfect, as some are on this site, by some very skilled techs), but everyone notices unique art and want a closer look.
I built up my clientel offering 'free' art here and there and it got other people's attention AND those that got it free, wanted more later, and.... the rest is history.

hope I've been helpful.
:hug:

PS: I haven't taken any art courses, nor purchased any books or videos. It's all been by experimenting. However, it's probably easier to take a course and skip many mistakes that way :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back