coloured acrylic powder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niksaki

Reaction score
hey there,
just wondering is there any way to make up a coloured acrylic powder, so take my normal clear creative powder and add something to it, but not glitter? i want an opaque colour without glitter, any ideas....i know there is a whole range of coloured acrylics out there, however i want to be able to make my own colours.. thanks in advance nic

I know some people have mixed mineral makeup with powder, but I'd imagine you'd need to use an opaque powder (like white) to make an opaque colour. I think it would cost as much as just buying coloured powders.

I use M.A.C Pigments in clear powder.. it makes powders that look almost identical to nail polish (normally frosted) you can buy matt M.A.C though but I prefer the frosted look.. I use a 1/4 teaspoon to about 2 teaspoons of clear powder, this normally makes them opaque.. if its a lighter colour though I add in a dash of flawless, or natural powder.

You can but mica pigments and create just about any color you want
hth

I use M.A.C Pigments in clear powder.. it makes powders that look almost identical to nail polish (normally frosted) you can buy matt M.A.C though but I prefer the frosted look.. I use a 1/4 teaspoon to about 2 teaspoons of clear powder, this normally makes them opaque.. if its a lighter colour though I add in a dash of flawless, or natural powder.

thanks people,
i actually have a lot of mac pigments, golden olive, dark soul, melon etc i might try with my melon colour thanks for that i have been meaning to use them with my brisa but forgot all about it lol

would like to have a nosey at your work but cant find your gallery?

You can but mica pigments and create just about any color you want
hth

:hug: I so luv you precious! lol.. I went and checked out mica pigments yesterday after your post... infinately cheaper than mac and more basic colours... I brought a 24 vile kit and its on its way as we speak

would like to have a nosey at your work but cant find your gallery?

I dont have a gallery hun, I never remember to take damn photos of my work lol I have the odd one or two on the computer somewhere from when I first started out, but to be honest never look at them as they scare the pants off me!

ClassyClaws: be VERY VERY cafeful when mixing mica powders in your polymer...a little goes a loooooooooooooooooooooooong way:):)
HTH

ClassyClaws: be VERY VERY cafeful when mixing mica powders in your polymer...a little goes a loooooooooooooooooooooooong way:):)
HTH

:lol: yep.. always add a little.. because then you can add a little more! lol.. I love my colours bright and bold... :eek: I cant wait for them to arrive.

Classy Claws, where did you buy your mica pigment from? Can you give me the web address? Thanks!
Marion x

A website here that only trades in this country so it wont help to name them :( they wont send overseas... do google thou Pearl-ex (or Pearlex) thats the brand most of the stuff here is sold under.

Hi all.

I believe they have them in e-bay, otherwise their website gives an oppotunity to search retailstores.

I saw them on e-bay priced about GBP20 for a set of 32.

HTH

Karen

Latest posts

Back