Coloured gels!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deni

Dinky Geek
Reaction score
Hi...
I am being asked quite frequently in the salon if i do coloured gels, therefore i am thinking of being able to offer this service...
Does anyone know when cnd will be starting their colour range?
Also can anyone reccomend a good company that does sell them with excellent training too?
Thanks in advance...x

Oh Deni, you took the words right out of my mouth................
A colour range would be brill..........prescriptive Brisa Service..........
I love the pink and White, but a lot of clients ask for colours...........They are getting a more adventurous here in the city...........

So please lets have some colours.....think brisa metro and brisa moasaic how cool would that be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Dough get in that Lab and cook some more for us xxxxx

Hi...
I absolutly agree with you ruth...i love brisa on the toes and if i could offer brisa coloured gell as well how cool would that be!
I dont like putting L&P on toes, maybe its just me but i dont think anything as hard wearing and that needs soaking off is as suitable for the toes...
My brisa toes are a hit with clients even in the winter time soooooooo comon guys get us girlies some colours...like...are they available yet...lol

Hi,

I got an e-mail from beauty for nails only the other day advertising their gel additives, I have never tried them but they come on three different pallets: custom colour, custom glitter and custom irrideccent. They state that you can mix any colour you like :)

http://www.creativenailplace.com/supplysource/colgel.htm

HTH

Sarah

Hi

Half of my clients are now wearing coloured gel. Some die hard french clients are also trying colour for the first time this Christmas.

Colour seems to be the new french!

I just got that email too, but irritatingly they don't say which colours come in each palette and the pictures are a bit hard to see. If the glitter ones are just glitter then it's quite expensive compared to buying craft glitter, but if they actually contain a colour powder too then it's quite good.
Lol x

Christrio do coloured gels they are very good. The distributor for them in England is Experience Day Spa 01255 243100

Hi Guys i previously posted about the coloured gels as how would you go about re-balancing? x

When I did my gel course we were taught that if using gel polish (and I assume it would be the same for coloured gels unless it is a transparent colour) that you should only rebalance once if at all because you can't really see lifting or hairline cracks, greenies etc through the colour. You could do an infill once if the nails seemed OK by filing as usual (although this could be likely to take half the colour off), then apply your base gel to the infill area and then colour over the top of that and the whole nail. I think that's right, I will double check. But otherwise you should file the whole colour off and then either reapply with the same or a different colour if desired.
That is for gel polish which I'm assuming is what everyone means by using coloured gels, rather than building a whole enhancement out of colour? Otherwise I suppose if you are just doing coloured tips etc then you would treat it the same as if you did glitter tips with acrylic.
HTH and wasn't just a load of rambling waffle! :D

I use Professionails gel colours. They have loads of really nice wearable colours. You can buy a pack with 5 different 5ml pots of colours in it for about £25. Lots of my clients switch from french to deep 'christmassy' colours at this time of year. the website is www.pronails.co.uk

Hi Deni

I was told on my pedispa a few weeks back it could be next year.

Bio Sculpture do perm colour gels, think there is about 60 gels. As you're already a tech you only need to do one day's training, which is what I did, then assessment about 6 weeks later. You can soak these gels off as well.

Deb379

Latest posts

Back