Coloured Nail Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trusty754

Reaction score
I have been given some Black and some Red nail tips but dont really know how to use them, has anyone ever used these coloured nail tips and what did you do with them.:irked:

hi there
I just use them the same as any normal french tips. I apply them as normal, then I gently file over the top of the tip (do not blend the smile line).
There are so many different coloured tips on the market now.
Have fun experimenting.

Hi,
I have loads of different coloured nail tips, use them the same as french white. I prefer to do an acrylic overlay, using clear acrylic, I find it needs very little buffing, then top off with gel top coat or any other top coat you prefer. Try using glitter mixed in clear acrylic, it looks fab. I have used them with gel overlay, but make sure you do buff the shine off the tips or the gel will lift. Have fun experimenting. They are so quick, I can do a full set in 1 hour (that is if my client has nice nail beds, not the nail biters), nail biters if I agree to do theirs usually take about 1 hour 20 mins. Good luck......they are fun to do. lol x

i have used black tips before
i filed in a deeper smile line as the 'smile' wasnt there and was far to straight looking for my taste and applied them as i would french tips
i like to use boogie nights powders over the top to give a different effect
ive attached 2 pics.......
i used HD cover pink to extend my nail bed and i used 'twilight evening' and 'gold bar' from the new Boogie nights collection ' Time to Shine'
using 'twilight eveing' on the black really brought out the blue look of the glitter so it gave it a totally different look and imo was really effective

hth

Jess
xox

Attachments

• DSC00390.jpg
    DSC00390.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 4,720
  • DSC00394.jpg
    DSC00394.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3,885
i filed in a deeper smile line as the 'smile' wasnt there and was far to straight looking for my taste and applied them as i would french tips
i used HD cover pink to extend my nail bed and i used 'twilight evening' and 'gold bar' from the new Boogie nights collection ' Time to Shine'
using 'twilight eveing' on the black really brought out the blue look of the glitter so it gave it a totally different look and imo was really effective

hth

Jess
xox

i love these....fantastic work hun xxx

hth

Jess
xox
WOW Love it!!

hth

Jess
xox

oh jessica they are just lovely, well done

Thanks so much for the ideas, I have some of the boogy nights stuff and cant wait to have a go, I had visions of all these coloured nail tips just collecting dust. but they look sooooooooooo gooooooood.
Thanks Guys.:Grope:

I love creating new designs using the coloured nail tips, I think they are so quick and easy to use!!! They are bonded to the natural nail exactly the same way you would with any other tip.

The other day for a client I used the pink nail tips, bonded white dried flowers to the tips and placed pink Swarovski crystals in the center of the flowers...so simple but so effective. You can create some really simple but stunning designs if you put your mind to it.

Let us know how you get on!!!

[x]

Wow they look lovely Sparklepink.

Where can i get coloured tips from, thanks and sorry to hijack.

Latest posts

Back