Coloured powder and monomer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaylou96

Reaction score
Hi

may seem like a silly question but can you use coloured acrylic with any monomer eg. different brands?
I have noticed nails by annabell do 1 branded monomer to be used with different powders.

I am aware you should never mix brands however as im new im a little confused with this.

Most brands will have their own monomer than should be used with their powders however Glam and Glits do not have a monomer and can be used with any.

I am a little bit reluctant as I’ve not tried it and have always been aware that you use same brand monomer and powder. I might give it a try as I’ve heard it is fab to work with x

Not sure I understand why a brand would bring out powders with no monomer. There a must be a reason. As far as I was aware you cannot use any monomer with powders, as they are formulated carefully to work together.

Not sure I understand why a brand would bring out powders with no monomer. There a must be a reason. As far as I was aware you cannot use any monomer with powders, as they are formulated carefully to work together.
My thoughts exactly x

It’s a huge and very successful brand and they’ve recently launched core powders.
I use it for the vast majority of my appointments and love it however it is a different consistency and application to other brands and can take a bit of getting used to.

You cannot use Company A polymers with Company B monomers! The amount of Benyoyl Peroxide in polymer has to be matched to the monomer. Selling polymer without monomer is like selling a car without tyres, or gels without a UV lamp.

So which monomer can be used with glam and glits?

You can use any monomer with glam and glitz as they don’t have their own. I have successfully used CJP monomer for quite some time with no issues

Perhaps I'll ask Glam and Glitz about it at Olympia this weekend... I like their powders and currently use Naio monomer with them but if they had their own monomers I would prefer to do that.

Latest posts

Back