Coloured powder for nail art??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliagrace

Reaction score
I am using The Edge acrylic system at the mo and wanting to do nail art with l&p then put clear on the top. I have seen on ebay (I know it's a bit of a swear word:!:) and can see that one can buy a selection of coloured powders. But can't see any liquid to go with it?!?!

I know u should't mix different brands of polymer and monomer I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what they use as I have seen lots of wonderful art on here.

Thanks guys :hug:

I am using The Edge acrylic system at the mo and wanting to do nail art with l&p then put clear on the top. I have seen on ebay (I know it's a bit of a swear word:!:) and can see that one can buy a selection of coloured powders. But can't see any liquid to go with it?!?!

I know u should't mix different brands of polymer and monomer I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what they use as I have seen lots of wonderful art on here.

Thanks guys :hug:

a lot of coloured powders are designed to be used with different monomers. as they are meerly being used decoratively and not in a structural manner, the performance is not so crucial.

why not move over to a brand that has its own coloured powders such as young nails or ezflow if you have concerns.

cool - thanks. Think I might get some of thoses coloured powders of ebay to practise with - them in the future move to a named brand if needed.
Thanks for that :)

cool - thanks. Think I might get some of thoses coloured powders of ebay to practise with - them in the future move to a named brand if needed.
Thanks for that :)

what you could do is have a practice using your white powder. you can always tint the finished work with a thin wash of acrlic paint if you want to add colour .

wow - that is such a good idea - I shall do that instead. Thanks:hug:

Hun please dont buy off ebay....You have no idea what is actually in the packaging..
If you want good value to practice with. NSI do a really good coloured powder kit...You get the monomer and some other bits and bobs in with the powders too...It is a good reputable product to work with..and a really good price, the powders will last you ages too...
It is called the technail kit..
Pop along to the nsi uk website and sign up to view prices ect....xxx

the young nail ones are great value too.

i do believe you can get the sina ones from salonserve.

Hey there!

When I was at the NailPro Sacramento show, Greg from Young Nails was mixing clear powders with glitters and colours in pots. Some looked absolutely spectacular! If you are using white only, you could just tip your brush in clear and then pick up some colour or glitter and pat it on. I've done that a few times with great success! Also, Young Nails has liquid colour you can add to monomor - it comes in the primaries of red, blue and yellow. Maybe give that a try.

Bethanne

i wouldn't recommend ebay

the edge do coloured acrylic powders as well

thanks guys, will be giving ebay a miss. :)

Latest posts

Back