Coloured Powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Do You Use Your Coloured Powders on YOur clients?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sawasdee ka

I can speak this because we free hand hand art and air brush we do free hand nail art on sombody want to spend 200 or 300 baht and we do on natural nails .

The customer that do the color powders and encassed and 3 d is the customer that love nail enhancement is a different customer from the nail art customer .

If you beleive that the market will be good for nails for future and i think every body here do after the color powders will be good for sure the nails are too beautifull .

I see carloine and ruth do the stilleto with red and some gold and samantha speak she wear them for long time this nails i speak about lady will like same have color designs and beautifull .

Mui from the land of smiles

I use EZ Flow Boogie Nights (Walk of Fame and Dare to be Dazzling) mainly. I have the Earthtones and a few each of the Pastel Flower, Gemstones and Rainbow Candy (I like to dabble!).

I'd say around 50% of my clients have tried Boogie Nights, both as tips and colour blends which seem to be very popular, and as a rough estimate, 30% of have Boogie Nights all the time, mostly with a little airbrushing over the top.

I don't use the Rainbow Candy/Earthtones/Gemstones as much, but I do get asked for the odd 3D flower using Pastel Flowers - a lot of these tend to be added to plain pink and whites. I would LOVE to be able to offer the type of nail art that Tom H. and Anthony B. do, but I'm just not confident enough to try that kind of thing on a client, although in practice, the 3D work turns out quite good. I would imagine about a third of my lot would go for that kind of thing (including myself!). But as was mentioned earlier, the upkeep of such designs can be a bit tiresome and there's only so long yu can look at the same design on your nails, no matter how beautiful it might be.

Had a go myself at Anthony's grape design the other week - not bad for a first attempt, so I'll continue practising!

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

sawasdee ka

I will tomorrow post some what i think are very beautifull color nails on my web make new gallery it will be up to the nail tech if they think is good for future or not and if customer they think will want what i think is good maybe is for somebody no good but i think good to look maybe some body not see like this b4.

I will post some very beautifull color nails with polish with smiles some of the polish you will have in your salons some very beautifull idea and i want to know if lady think is beautifull or not .

I can not do now is 10.30 nite time i will do when you sleep :D .

Good nite mui from the land of :D

geeg said:
I would like to know how often you actually use (if you have them) your coloured powders in the salon?
What proportion of your total income, would you say, comes from using coloured powders and
HOW do you use them i.e. Mainly for doing coloured tips ?, or for creating fancy intricate designs like the beautiful design Anthony Buckley posted of the grapes on the premium geeks forum??
What proportion of your clients request this service from you? OR
do you mainly use them on yourself and most of the time they sit in a cupboard??

Hi Geeg

I recently posted a thread asking for a 'recipe' to blend a glittery baby pink powder, as 3 people had recently asked me if I had this colour for their tips (zone 1).

I'd say 90% of my work is P&W, this is split 50/50 between perfect white & soft white.

The colours for Zone 1 I have been asked for are:

Baby pink (glittery)
Fuschia pink (again...glittery)
Black speckled with silver (you guessed it...glittery!)
A bright blue (with glitter)
The ruby slippers were/are popular and so is twilight

The 10% of customers that do like to wear coloured tips, always like a change, so I tend to blend them a mixture according to what they ask for.

I did have a whole load of coloured powders that I was gonna use for 3D work, but....they never really got an airing out of the cupboard and have now gone to a better home! I just found them a little too time consuming, great for a play with/hobby, but not pracical for me to do in the salon. (JMO though!)

My appointment book is pretty tight, so coloured powders in Zone 1 is great for me, as it gives my customers a good choice, they don't get bored and it takes no extra time to apply...so everyone's happy :D :D :D

HTH

Jenny

just to do my normal diplomatic thing, i'm going 2 agree with both of u!!!

i've always been a fan of anything that isn't the same as everyone else is wearing!

for the last 3/4 years my nails have been anything but pink & white.

i've been mixing powders & glitters in little pots for over 4 yrs now.

because i wear all sorts of things on my nails, my clients see them & quite a few r tempted to try them.

however... i have seen 1st hand the custom blended colours that sam is talking about.

they appeal to the side of me that wants to offer something for everyone.

i'm not sure how much i'm meant to say or not say about it, & as sam was pretty vague about it, i'd better shut up!!!

the idea that there will b a way to use coloured powders in numerous ways to appeal accross the age & professional range of clients is great news.

liza xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back