Coloured Tips Advise...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim@Talontastic

Reaction score
Morning geeks...

Just wondered if someone could help me, I'm still off work sick so I thought I'd have a play with my nails. I've got some coloured acrylic, but I've never used it so I thought today could be the day...

I'm wanting to have coloured tips so:

Do I apply and blend my tip as normal then use the coloured powder as I would with the white? And then do my pink as normal...

Thanks

Basically.........yes!!

Have fun!!...post some pics when you are done!!

Hi i apply the colour or glitter as you would your white and then i use clear instead of pink hope this helps and your better soon:)

Yep, use the coloured powder as you would your white.
I like to sculpt with coloured powders as you get lovely strong colour on the underside of the nail too!
Oh, and I cap the colour with a bead of clear/transparant pink.

Thanks for all the help guys, your the best. :hug: going to start on them in abit, I might sound thick but what do you meant by cap the end?

Just so that you don't file off the colour, especially when working over tips....I'd say apply your coloured powder really thin and then use clear over the top of that to start your structure (as if you were using white as your colour should be really thin) and then zones 2 and 3 in pink as normal to finish your structure.

Just so that you don't file off the colour, especially when working over tips....I'd say apply your coloured powder really thin and then use clear over the top of that to start your structure (as if you were using white as your colour should be really thin) and then zones 2 and 3 in pink as normal to finish your structure.
Yep, thats exactly what I meant, but put so much better! :)

Latest posts

Back