Colouring facial hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylill

Reaction score
So I’ve had a gent ask if I could help him with colouring his moustache after he’s grown it this month for charity. He’s naturally dark haired although I don’t know how dark his moustache will be when it’s grown! [emoji85] Obviously it’s going to be a bright colour which he wants to put to a vote to raise more money. Has anybody had any experience with colouring facial hair? It’s not something in my years of hairdressing that I’ve ever had to do before! Could I potentially treat it the same as hair on our heads or are there certain colour brands that are better for this sort of thing?

So I’ve had a gent ask if I could help him with colouring his moustache after he’s grown it this month for charity. He’s naturally dark haired although I don’t know how dark his moustache will be when it’s grown! [emoji85] Obviously it’s going to be a bright colour which he wants to put to a vote to raise more money. Has anybody had any experience with colouring facial hair? It’s not something in my years of hairdressing that I’ve ever had to do before! Could I potentially treat it the same as hair on our heads or are there certain colour brands that are better for this sort of thing?
To be honest I colour my beard, as its got quite a few colours in it naturally so I just use a permanent colour with 3% because I just deposit colour. I've never had any problems, but not sure if thats the correct way to go around it.
If you decide to do it make sure you patch test obviously :)

Latest posts

Back