Colouring from red to mocha

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca lee

Reaction score
I have a client with grown out faded red wanting to go to a 5.8 mocha brown. Would i need to bleach bath to lift out the red first or can I put the colour straight on top? This is her hair now xx

Attachments

• 720B99FD-E02F-400D-B9DF-3FDD2561CCDF.png
    720B99FD-E02F-400D-B9DF-3FDD2561CCDF.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 46
Which colour brand are u using for the 5.8! I would bleach bath to get the red out but what is in her hair ? If it’s box colour it will b hard to come out with a bleach bath!!

I’m using L’Oréal majirel. I’m not sure I’m assuming it’s box dye x

The underlying pigment colour in a 5 is Red/Orange so no, don’t bleach it.
You're going to have to pre-pig the roots if you don’t want hot roots as they look very light.

I don’t use L’Oréal but @adamlea87 is the L’Oréal expert on here. Hopefully, he’ll see this post and pop over to advise you further.

She’s now decided she wants to go lighter than a 5. Does the same still apply? X

Thanks for the compliment @AcidPerm 🖤.

For the 5.8 you should be ok to use it, although it may look redder since their is artificial red pigment remaining in the hair. In majirel the formula is 1/4 5 + 3/4 5.8 + 20vol on the roots-midlengths(band) and 5.8+20vol on the ends but for this application the same colours in Diarichesse with 9vol would be much better.

If she wants to be lighter e.g. 6.8 you need to cleanse the hair to an orange undertone first, it will not work otherwise.

Hey, this client is coming today. She wants to go to a 7.8, so should I just bleach bath to an orange!yellow and then apply? I don’t need to pre pig with a 7.8 (mocha blonde) do I? Thanks for the response x

Latest posts

Back