Colouring hair when pregnant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassies97

Reaction score
Whats everyones opinions and experiences with colouring pregnant peoples hair?

Ive only noticed a different when bleaching, i did bleach foils on a lady and it didnt lift very well, was very brassy. And a girl i worked with had the same problem.... never had a problem with normal tint x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Same for me, I up the 3% black clients to 6% when their pregnant & go back to 3% when their bodies settled back down, never had any issues with tint. Cam there's an article on btc about the risks turns out there is none :)

Haven't had any problems thankfully. Colour took well and no reactions.

Just make sure they sign their record card after the skin test to say no reactions!

Thanks for sharing! Have a pregnant client wanting an ombre, think i just worry to much!😂

Are u just bleaching an ombre or colouring the top too?

Pmsl what u worried about then? The chemicals wouldn't even be touching the skin!

Pmsl what u worried about then? The chemicals wouldn't even be touching the skin!

Just been for a consultation with her and she wants to have it darker as well as the ombre😂

Iv never had any problems either!...iv just found out I'm expecting twins 😁 :shock I dyed mine black last night all went fine 👍 x

Iv never had any problems either!...iv just found out I'm expecting twins 😁 :shock I dyed mine black last night all went fine 👍 x

Congratulations beckstar 👶👶

Congratulations! X

Congrats beckstar!

And cams, I've never done a pregnant lady but when I was pregnant I was more sensitive to the colours, and this is coming from person who had my hair bleached 3 times, and had a colour over the top and nothing happens! I could only tolerate one highlift and went I wanted a toner to make it more ashy, with semi activator I couldn't cope with it on my scalp as it was burning!

Congratulations!

My regrowth tint never took completely when I was just a few weeks pregnant! I was around a level 5 at the time and it came out more like an 8. It took fine the next time a few weeks later though! X

Thank you guys super excited I do love a little challenge 🙈😂 x

Sometimes I have noticed the hair can b unpredictable and can either take very quickly or the opposite . I would keep a close eye if ur using bleach x

This post takes me back to a client i had who was really concerned about having a colour as she was pregnant and thought it would harm the baby which is fair enough for any expectant mums to have concerns...but the ironic part is she smoked 20 fags a day throughout her entire pregnancy and this didn't worry her one bit :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This post takes me back to a client i had who was really concerned about having a colour as she was pregnant and thought it would harm the baby which is fair enough for any expectant mums to have concerns...but the ironic part is she smoked 20 fags a day throughout her entire pregnancy and this didn't worry her one bit :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What the hell?😂

Congrats Beckstar!

I had one client who's tint would take either super fast or slow and not lift very well and that was in the same pregnancy so best advice is to watch closely

Latest posts

Back