Colouring hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaza92

Reaction score
can i put blonde foil highlights on someone who is 8 months pregnant? im in college training and dont want it to go wrong as i will be assessed on it.

please help thanks

There is no advice not to do anyones hair when they are pregnant , the only thing that i would take into consideration is that she may have a more sensitive scalp and also if she gets hot ,the foils may leak ( especially hi -lift because it expands when it gets hot ) obviously you dont want to leave a big gap at the roots! or have the whole scalp blonde! so id think carefully about your colour choice

We color "pregnant" hair frequently, something to consider is her vitamin regime- does she take prenatal vitamins regularly and do they contain additional iron? If they do your color may be off tone from the iron which deposits in the hair and when lightened it oxidizes to a lovely pastel salmon pink. It does wash out after a couple of times, but can be noticeable if the iron dosage is high.

Your client will be fine, her color will be in foils, so as long as your application is on, there is very little risk for your client. Actually it's a huge benefit because her hair will look great and it will make her feel better about herself. If you've ever been 8 months pregnant you know EXACTLY what I mean:lol:!!!

Latest posts

Back