Colouring help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty198999

Reaction score
I have a client who I did half head high lights and then the grey lilac shwartzkopt toner. She likes it however but says she wants to be more grey.
I advised we would need to do a full head of bleach to lift her hair even lighter (she was previously a base 9 ish and then the bleached highlights I did half head )

My question is .. if I do an all over head of bleach .. do I need to tone this if it goes yellow ish before applying the grey lilac again or will it be okay just to put straight on?
If I do need to tone what colour would you suggest ? An ash tone ? Maybe like a 9.1 or 9.5.1 (Schwartzkoft colours )

I hope this makes sense ?!

I have a client who I did half head high lights and then the grey lilac shwartzkopt toner. She likes it however but says she wants to be more grey.
I advised we would need to do a full head of bleach to lift her hair even lighter (she was previously a base 9 ish and then the bleached highlights I did half head )

My question is .. if I do an all over head of bleach .. do I need to tone this if it goes yellow ish before applying the grey lilac again or will it be okay just to put straight on?
If I do need to tone what colour would you suggest ? An ash tone ? Maybe like a 9.1 or 9.5.1 (Schwartzkoft colours )

I hope this makes sense ?!
If you put the grey lilac toner on yellow hair, it will neutralise the yellow, but wont give much of a grey tone, you should really pre tone first, then layer a grey toner on top.

Thank you .. would u suggest maybe a 9.1 (ash) ?

Thank you .. would u suggest maybe a 9.1 (ash) ?
I usually use blue and violet to create grey. I find /1 is quite green after a few washes.
Take a look at colour touch 7/89 with 10/0 to dilute. Or even 8/81 +9/16.

Latest posts

Back