Colouring/highlighting and extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne628

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm new to the site and also a newly qualified nano extension tech. I'm after some advice. My friend is one of the lovely people letting me practice on her hair before I set myself loose with the public. She wants thicker hair so we are doing a half head. This will be my first ever half head. She is having her hair highlighted one day and would like me to fit extensions the following day. Will this be ok? I have heard that following colouring, the hair is porous. Can anyone give me some advice on if this will affect the extensions?
Also, I have very fine hair myself and not a lot of it. I have extensions. If I do as the book says and leave only an inch around the hairline extension free, when I put my hair up, you can still see the extension bonds/tips. Is this just a fact of life when you have hair extensions in really fine hair? Any tips or advice?

Hi everyone.
I'm new to the site and also a newly qualified nano extension tech. I'm after some advice. My friend is one of the lovely people letting me practice on her hair before I set myself loose with the public. She wants thicker hair so we are doing a half head. This will be my first ever half head. She is having her hair highlighted one day and would like me to fit extensions the following day. Will this be ok? I have heard that following colouring, the hair is porous. Can anyone give me some advice on if this will affect the extensions?
Also, I have very fine hair myself and not a lot of it. I have extensions. If I do as the book says and leave only an inch around the hairline extension free, when I put my hair up, you can still see the extension bonds/tips. Is this just a fact of life when you have hair extensions in really fine hair? Any tips or advice?
I was always taught that you shouldn't colour hair and fit hair together, because you should allow the hair to settle, I suppose allowing the cuticle to shut back down and for the hair to harden again. How try that is I don't know, but that's what I was always told.

I was always taught that you shouldn't colour hair and fit hair together, because you should allow the hair to settle, I suppose allowing the cuticle to shut back down and for the hair to harden again. How try that is I don't know, but that's what I was always told.
As for the bonds around the hairline, it's never a good look when you can see someone's bonds when the hair is tied up! If it can be avoided it's better to not see the bonds.

As for the bonds around the hairline, it's never a good look when you can see someone's bonds when the hair is tied up! If it can be avoided it's better to not see the bonds.
And this is why i never tie my hair up to leave the house. I might see if i can put them further back into my hair but i fear the hair down look would suffer. Xx

And this is why i never tie my hair up to leave the house. I might see if i can put them further back into my hair but i fear the hair down look would suffer. Xx
What type are you fitting?

Thought about using tape but never done it because i have oily hair and i think they'll just come out.

Latest posts

Back