Colouring my hair in third trimester pregnancy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Hi geeks, as some of you know I am now in my third trimester of pregnancy, I'm just over 33 weeks pregnant. I have been colouring my hair throughout my pregnancy using highlights and toners. I know it's safe to colour your hair when pregnant but I want to go red again (I am currently full head bleach highlights level 10) is it a silly idea to completely change my hair colour being 33 weeks pregnant? I would obviously do a skin test and a strand test to check the colour would take properly. I'm just worried as I used a toner the other day and my hair turned blue! (I think I used a level too dark though and may have left it on longer than what I thought, oops) if I were your client would you advise me to wait or would you do it after carrying out necessary tests? X

I coloured my hair the entire time I was pregnant - but the last trimester it did strange things but I used to bleach mine. It's up to you what you do with your hair, and if you go red just do a strand test first but I don't see why not?

I don't think it's going to be a problem although hormones in the last trimester can sometimes play havoc, so always do a patch test first.

I'd be more bothered about the regular upkeep when you're getting closer to the birth if you're doing it yourself. It's not so easy to manoever when the bump gets really big. :)

I don't think it's going to be a problem although hormones in the last trimester can sometimes play havoc, so always do a patch test first.

I'd be more bothered about the regular upkeep when you're getting closer to the birth if you're doing it yourself. It's not so easy to manoever when the bump gets really big. :)

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I will have to colour it a lot more to keep it vibrant and I'm not gonna have as much time to do it. I may wait until after baby is here and see X

I must be honest i never colour a pregnant woman's hair because I am worried that the baby could develop a sensitivity. You could maybe try doing a Malibu colour prepare or crystal gel before colouring it to prepare it for colour if you are doing it though. It suppose to help remove any oddities from the hair that could affect the colour.

Oh I just saw that it was you Babychops!! I've not seen any posts from you in ages. Congratulations! I do agree though with the others. Red is a high maintenance Colour when you have a little bubbA

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will leave it until baby is here and see how I feel. For now I will just do my regrowth X

Latest posts

Back