Colouring nanos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi I am new on here not sure if this is right place to post 😬 I have a new client who has red hair would like nanos but has been advised elsewhere these can be fitted and coloured red after? Done anyone colour the extensions after fitting to ensure colour match is correct?
thanks in advance picture attached

Attachments

• 0C3D23CE-5139-408B-9CE4-5E291734B9B6.png
    0C3D23CE-5139-408B-9CE4-5E291734B9B6.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 23
No, that’s very bad advice.

You should always match the pre-coloured extensions to the hair colour BEFORE fitting.
If you use any chemical colour treatments on hair extensions, you instantly invalidate any guarantee you might have with the supplier. You even need to be careful using purple shampoo.

Extension hair is sourced from hundreds of heads so the packs of hair that you buy is treated with very strong chemicals to strip the hair before being batch coloured and coated with silicone based products to ensure the colour lasts and that they feel soft after being sold.

Any attempts to colour them will likely result in patchy and uneven colour and they’ll lose their elasticity and smoothness.

Are you the hairdresser being asked to colour them?

Yes she has been advised that I can colour them with 3% after fitting and that will blend them all in. I’m dubious especially as I know reds fade allot anyway so I would need to refresh all of it everytime to keep it blended that’s if it even worked! I feel bad as she really wants the nanos fitted but her colour choice is not easy to match up

I’m guessing it’s the extensionist who’s telling her this rubbish? I find it annoying when you get people fitting hair extensions after one day’s training, who are utterly clueless about hair in general and will promise anything to the client to make a sale.

Just refuse to colour them in situ.
Explain the above about how extensions are collected and processed so that she understands that it’s not a matter of snipping off someone’s long hair and re-attaching it to some nano beads. Sadly, some clients really are clueless about how the hair is collected and processed. Use that information to point out why you can’t guarantee the results and that it’s likely to make them go horribly stringy.

Finally ask her whether the extensionist will guarantee refunding her money in full if colouring them doesn’t work out as promised...!

Yes you are right allot of extensionists are not qualified hairdressers, I had my doubts thanks for your reply I won’t be colouring them

Hi kerry goodwin, I absolutely agree with AcidPerm. Currently there are a lot of people who are fitting hair extensions after one day’s training. And it is also very sad that some clients have no idea about how the hair is processed. I would rather refuse to color them because the result might be unpredictable. We make bridal hair at Inland Empire Bridal Hair

Latest posts

Back