Colouring natural grey hair blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallissimo

Reaction score
I am midway through my level 2 college hairdressing course. My sons gran in her 70’s has asked me to colour her hair for a wedding next week . She has short hair and is pretty much all grey with a some dull grown out blonde highlights. She likes cap highlights. My plan was to bring her to college as a model and do it there. But I’d forgotten college is now shut for a week. I don’t want to let her down if I can help it. I’m confident with the cap, just don’t have full knowledge on my colours yet. Does anyone have any advice on what colours to use, or should I just tell her I can’t do it? Any advice would be appreciated

Covering grey needs to be learnt as a specific so I’d tell her you can’t do it and then bring her to college to learn - will be useful

Covering grey hair is not straightforward.
Also, what will you do about skin testing?
Even if your purchase student insurance, you won’t be insured to carry out colouring at home until you have been signed off the colour units by your tutors as a minimum requirement.
I’d be inclined to tell her that you’d really like the opportunity to do her hair but please wait and come into college so that you can properly pamper her and use the experience as part of an assessment by your tutors.

Good luck with the rest of your course.

Even if your purchase student insurance, you won’t be insured to carry out colouring at home until you have been signed off the colour units by your tutors as a minimum requirement.
I’d be inclined to tell her that you’d really like the opportunity to do her hair but please wait and come into college so that you can properly pamper her and use the experience as part of an assessment by your tutors.

Thanks guys kind of what I needed to hear.

Latest posts

Back