Colouring Question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saraht110

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my hair extensions done on friday they are gorgeous!!(racoon if anyone wanted to know) but before i had the colour match my hair was a really dark brown, but when i had them put in it had faded slightly so i need to get my normal hair colour the same as my extensions if that makes sense!?there is only a slight difference but i was wondering if i was really careful wether i could die my own hair on the top?? Can anyone give me some advice??

thanks

xxx

Yeah,while you're at it buy a Rio kit :wink2:

Seriously it is a professional service which needs to be carried out by a professional hth's x

I would be inclined to use a semi/demi vs. permanent color. Easier on the hair and if you are not familiar with the color brands this will gradually wash out so you are not stuck with a nasty color.
Professionally speaking..I would go back to the salon where you had it done and ask them to refresh your color so it matches the extensions. They should do it for free if you just got your hair done there on Friday.

dont attempt it yourself, leave it to people who have trained for three years to do this sort of thing.
Seriously if you apply colour it could react with the bonds and the extensions will become unstable, you need a quasi on there just to refresh, like JD said go back to the salon they should refresh it for you with no charge.

Thank you hairdresser..I am not anywhere near knowledgable with extensions. Now I know a bit more..

Glad to help JD, have been doing hair ex for 5 years now and have seen several who have coloured thier hair with them in and 'oh' what a disaster, My advice is not to colour yourself with extensions in, you will end up in a little tangle if you do!!!

Latest posts

Back