Colouring short, grey hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
I have a client in who has short, grey hair. She want it's "slightly golden" and lighter rather than darker. She reiterates she does not want it dark. I am thinking of picking out and just colouring bits...ugh I know what I'm trying to say, not using foils but almost a "tipping" or "frosting" type...not sure what kind of colous though. Her hair is cropped and messy like, Flicky at the back and short and spiky at the top and front.

I'm rabbling. Can anyone give some advice on what I could do?

How about free handing 8/73 and some bleach with 3%? x

I used to have a client years ago who had 88/0 or 99/0 put on with a vent brush i.e just slapped colour on the brush and then brushed it through the top and sides fading out towards the back - it looked really nice - her hair was short layered and the result was a really natural, sunkissed blonde.sort of short balayage :confused:

just to add, I only did this because she had moved area and her previous stylist had done this, i've never seen it done before or since and she let it grow out so no overprocessed ends AND this was 1990 - years ago before you were all born!!! :)

Last edited:
I would colour it honey all over, and shoeshine the ends with bleach.

Thanks guys. I'm not sure if she wants an all over colour but now thinking about it, she said she didn't want to be thought of as a grey haired lady so if I just do highlights then she will still be majority grey. Thinking of maybe a base 9 tint and picking out some and bleaching the ends, or shoeshine as dawn said. Thank you!

Hi, how about Koleston 9/17, I would make hair stand out with clay then using 2 brushes together, paste on with a brush either side of your section and pull away from scalp. Works great on short hair!

Latest posts

Back