Colourpops?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How you doing it hun?
X

I was doing it on a colour pop, so didn't do the foundation layer, so I done colour, cure, then pressed glitter in to the sticky layer, cure, then used a fan brush to lightly brush excess off and then that's when it went patchy, so I didn't bother doing a topcoat! Lol :(

I was doing it on a colour pop, so didn't do the foundation layer, so I done colour, cure, then pressed glitter in to the sticky layer, cure, then used a fan brush to lightly brush excess off and then that's when it went patchy, so I didn't bother doing a topcoat! Lol :(

You only cure the colour once hon, whether you do
Colour
Cure
Glitter
Top coat
Cure

Or colour
Glitter
Cure
Top coat
Cure

You added curing after glitter which you don't need, if I read it right xx :)

You only cure the colour once hon, whether you do
Colour
Cure
Glitter
Top coat
Cure

Or colour
Glitter
Cure
Top coat
Cure

You added curing after glitter which you don't need, if I read it right xx :)

Oooo I seeee!! What a plonka!!! Lol thanks pixiebeauty!!! Which method do you prefer? XxX

No probs :)
I prefer the first, glitter into cured sticky layer. I seem to make less mess and waste less glitter that way. I don't smooth the glitter down though as I don't like the foil effect - its all personal preference ;) xxx

Im thinking about buying some to practice/show clients etc - any idea where the best place to buy them would be and can I ask a really silly question? are you able to remove the polish/shellac if you dont like it :o

To try and answer your question of removal, I read on here somewhere that you need to file off anything you don't like as you can't use remover. Can anyone confirm that it actually works, or is there another way?

Thanks!

Yep that would work but honestly unless they were expensive I wouldn't bother. I tried a combo that just plain didn't work so painted over with something else, no need to file. If it was lumpy or due to a design and couldn't be painted over then I'd chuck it out. My files and time are worth more to me than one colour pop xx

Yep that would work but honestly unless they were expensive I wouldn't bother. I tried a combo that just plain didn't work so painted over with something else, no need to file. If it was lumpy or due to a design and couldn't be painted over then I'd chuck it out. My files and time are worth more to me than one colour pop xx

You're right with the colourpops, but I use the wheels so had to ask!

Oooo I seeee!! What a plonka!!! Lol thanks pixiebeauty!!! Which method do you prefer? XxX

I prefer the second method as I find I get a better coverage & after curing you can brush off excess glitter with a nail brush so less loose glitter into your top coat (I use a separate one) I always do a second coat of top coat to get a smooth finish!
It is personal preference hun give it a go :)

I prefer the second method as I find I get a better coverage & after curing you can brush off excess glitter with a nail brush so less loose glitter into your top coat (I use a separate one) I always do a second coat of top coat to get a smooth finish!
It is personal preference hun give it a go :)

Thanks Hun, I'll try both ways and see what gives me better results! In my head though I'm thinking the second one would work better as there's more stickyness for it to stick to and then you are curing it in to that!!! I have got 2 TIO's, I bought one for glitter :) xxx

Hello all
I just discovered this thread whilst doing a search for pops. I am keen to buy a bunch of colour pops in order to display the colours I have and practice a bit of layering/rockstar. What I am looking for however are the more 'nail shaped' pops just like pixiebeauty's and not the long more rectangular shaped ones. Ideally, I would like individual ones that I could stand in a rack but I can only find the rectangular ones like this.

Could I just ask if the 'fan' of pops results in any chipping/flaking when they are all closed together or not? Also, do I just treat them like a natural nail??

Sorry if I sound a bit dense. I really am terribly new to all of this!! Thank you!!! x

I use mine mobile but thread them onto a ribbon, they are more flexible for clients to move them round & less likely to break. I chuck them in my case & no chipping at all. They are more likely to snap than break.

I have a few nail art ones stood up loosely in an interesting glass that look good - I can't find a stand that will take mine but I don't like the stands personally so haven't looked hard. I have seen one pic where they were inserted into a jar of coloured sand that looked beautiful :D

Also if you are wanting to alter the shape - eg for a design requiring almond/stiletto shape you just file them like a standard tip.

Treat them like a natural nail but you don't need a base coat usually xxx

Thank you SO much for your helpful reply! I am loving this website. I am learning so much. Could I just ask if the pops you bought were individual or joined together in a fan? I shall have a scout around on eBay now. Thank you so much again for taking the time x

PixieBeauty.... love these!! :biggrin:

Wish I was this good at layering! Sign ...

It's a piece of cake really hon, what do you struggle with? If its creativity do what I do & pinch everyone else's ideas off SG :D xxx

Pixiebeauty, thank you so much once again. That link is super helpful. And I mirror what the geek above has said... You're layering is inspirational!! I'm just a newbie to all of this. I so hope to be as good one day! xx

Great ideas, thanks for sharing :)

Latest posts

Back