Colourpops?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a piece of cake really hon, what do you struggle with? If its creativity do what I do & pinch everyone else's ideas off SG :D xxx

Mine ends up a bit streaky looking - you can see the colours that have been applied - they don't merge together. I don't know if I'm trying to apply too thinly. It's down to practise I guess - I haven't done my shellac training yet because I'm trying to get to a certain level.

There's so much talent on here that you can't fail to be inspired! X

Mine ends up a bit streaky looking - you can see the colours that have been applied - they don't merge together. I don't know if I'm trying to apply too thinly. It's down to practise I guess - I haven't done my shellac training yet because I'm trying to get to a certain level.

There's so much talent on here that you can't fail to be inspired! X

Ah ok well in that case, I'd say not all layers will work, some of them just don't look good. So if they don't I just go over with a different combo but most of them do work.

When I layer I mostly do 2 of the bottom colour & 1 of the top colour are you doing the same?

I'd also say get on a Shellac course ASAP as they will be able to help you iron everything out! You don't need to be at any level first :)

Also have you been in the Shellac loves' group? There are loads of great layering combos in there! Check out Deanosnana I think she has lots xxx

ETA - link to Deanosnana's album that got me started! http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=4068

Last edited:
Ah ok well in that case, I'd say not all layers will work, some of them just don't look good. So if they don't I just go over with a different combo but most of them do work.

When I layer I mostly do 2 of the bottom colour & 1 of the top colour are you doing the same?

I'd also say get on a Shellac course ASAP as they will be able to help you iron everything out! You don't need to be at any level first :)

Also have you been in the Shellac loves' group? There are loads of great layering combos in there! Check out Deanosnana I think she has lots xxx

ETA - link to Deanosnana's album that got me started! http://www.salongeek.com/album.php?albumid=4068

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I really appreciate it!

I had only been applying one layer of the first colour (duh) so that could well have contributed to the streakyness.

Yes, you're right, I do need to get on that shellac course ASAP - I'm just trying lots of things first so I can go armed with lots of questions!

Thanks again, Jo x

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I really appreciate it!

I had only been applying one layer of the first colour (duh) so that could well have contributed to the streakyness.

Yes, you're right, I do need to get on that shellac course ASAP - I'm just trying lots of things first so I can go armed with lots of questions!

Thanks again, Jo x

No probs that's what the site is about :)

I bet if you try two first colour layers you'll be much happier with the results. Also remember thin to win with your colour coats. Best of luck! X

Latest posts

Back