Colours for school

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reide

Still in Training
Reaction score
I spoke to a salon about my new school and they suggested my school runs out of product a lot but other then that, it's a decent school. I have decided that I should purchase some products just in case it becomes an issue. I figured worst case scenario it will still get used as I can practice on my family and friends at home and if I do need it then I have it. I'm happy to put extra money into my education if needed. I know technically schools are supposed to buy this stuff but I really don't mind. It gives me a chance to test out different brands with supervision.

Now as I've worked in colour restricted salons and aveda salons, I've been trained to mix colours from scratch and I've already purchased:
- 10 vol
- 20 vol
- 30 vol
- Violet pigment
- Copper pigment
- Matte (green) pigment
- Ash pigment
- Gold pigment
- Red pigment
- Perming solution and neutralizer
- Swatches (white and blond)

I didn't purchase a 2.0 or a 1.0 because frankly I have hardly come across them in all my salon work. I feel like this is likely not one of the colours to run out on me in class.

Do you guys feel like anything else may be needed for my course in terms of colour and chemical services?

Thank you in advance.

Latest posts

Back