Colours help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clareh

Level 3 hairdresser, nail and brow tech
Reaction score
Hi! I’m UK based, just accredited as gel technician today. Now I think it will take a while to become professional and I have insurance and the basics to start.
I have lots of colours which I’ll be using on my training clients, some are professional products (gellux and a gelish) and some are sensationail and lavender violets. I’m thinking of collating a 12 colour core set but wondering how best to choose a brand. I’d like to have a good builder set and use all the same. I have a few hundred pounds to spend but willing to trial but getting a bit confused. I want something easy to use with builder gels etc. I’m not sure how my finances will be when I’m ready and will be doing evening and weekends.
Brands I am interested in so far are
Inklondon
Gellux
Bluesky
Halo

Colours:
Cool red
Warm red
Nude
French manicure pink
White
Coral
Dark colour- blue? Burgundy?
Sparkle

Any advice appreciated

Congratulations on your new qualification :)

Sounds to me like you have a clear plan. I think your best bet is to have a read of some of the threads on here. Every brand is discussed - the good, bad and ugly. A lot of it is simply personal preference.

Certainly with gel polish there isn’t much variance between any of them performance wise. So go beyond the bottle and look at the brand reputation, the ease of service, the price point yada yada.

If you require a builder gel as well I would focus on that first. With hard gel some you will love, some hate. Much bigger price variance also.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back