combining a back massage with facial as special offer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
this has been mentioned before but I cant find it in the search option.

A while ago we were talking about special offers, etc. (darned it must look there in search!). And some geek said that she offers a free 20 minute back massage with a facial as it only costs the price of a bit of oil.

ring any bells? quasimodo?

anyway, thought that would be a nice Feb special offer but didn't know about the pricing or timing of it.

I offer a 30 minute holistic facial and a 60 minute holistic facial, so would the back massage fit better into a 30 minute one, and still charge the same as I would normally charge for a 30 minuter, or should I state:

special offer 30 minute holistic facial normally £18
February special offer 30 minute holistic facial with 20 minute back massage £xx

oooooh, totally confused on what to do and how to go about it. I need to let the girls in the HD know how to book it in and timings and stuff.

off to look in search again xxxx

I have offered a free back neck and shouler massage with a facial. The price of the particular facial was £32. It went down so well. Almost all of my facial clients booked for it. The facial was 45 mins and the back massage 30 mins. I had little postcards printed up and gave one to every client at the end of their treatment. Also to clients entering the salon. If it wasnt something they wanted for themselves, i told them to pass it onto someone else who may like it. (new custom!)
So the whole treatment time was 1 hour 30. Im actually thinking of combining the two permanently.

Best to keep it simple so they understand what they are getting for their money.
Also make it worth your while by promoting the more expensive facial.

I do a "pamper package" all year around whereby if the client combines a facial and a 30 mins back massage they pay £60 instead of £70 :hug:

I would say

30 mins Facial with 25 mins back massage- Usual price £** Introductory offer £**
60 mins Facial with 25 mins back massage- Usual price £** Intoductory offer £**

and only take a few pounds off the back massage so you can still get something for your effort or it may seem like your back massages aren't worth anything or that the one you get free is not the usual massage! So if you usually charge £36 for the 30 mins facial and 25 mins massage then make it £30 on offer as that sounds like such a bargain £6 off!

Last edited:
this has been mentioned before but I cant find it in the search option.

February special offer 30 minute holistic facial with 20 minute back massage £xx

i like the sound of this but maybe offer it on the more expensive facial treatment

have to admit that I would begrudge giving treatments away so I think instead of stating that they are getting a free back massage I think I will suggest that they

UPGRADE WITH A BACK MASSAGE AT A SPECIAL PRICE OF £xx

Sounds like a good idea. or you could call it a 'complimentary' massage.

have to admit that I would begrudge giving treatments away so I think instead of stating that they are getting a free back massage I think I will suggest that they

UPGRADE WITH A BACK MASSAGE AT A SPECIAL PRICE OF £xx

Good idea :hug:

Yes I did this last Feb and it went down very well so I will probably do it again this year. However do make sure you offer the back massage on your more expensive facial. Mine was offered as a 20 min taster back massage, so it does not take so long and some clients rebooked for a full body massage as well, hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back