Come into some money - what service next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ammej85

Reaction score
Hi geeks! Well just had some very good news from my solicitor this morning about my personal injury case. The other side have made an offer (more than I thought would be) and I have accepted.

Now I'm not going to spend it all but I'm 100% getting Shellac yey! But just pondering on what else to bring in? I will be doing my brazillian wax training and also Hopi candles and it's BOGOF with courses at Ellisons so they are not going to break the bank.

But I'm just wondering what else to add to my training. Spray tanning? EE? Massage? Back to college for level 3?
I don't do nail enhancements and have thought about getting into that but it just doesn't interest me as much as the other stuff mentioned.

So out of those, which to you geeks find most profitable? What's more popular? Which has the quickest turnaround regarding getting trained, practicing and then getting paying clients in?

Any other treatments I could look into that I haven't thought of? Advice much appreciated!

Right I'm now off to buy the things I almost bought off Debenhams last night but decided against :)

Spray tanning will probably be the most profitable, making minimum £15 for 15minutes so £60 an hour potentially! But it is slow going to start up. Lashes take alot of practice i've gathered, but it seems like your bringing in 3 other things anyway and can start making your money back on those while you practice your lashes?!

I would go with lashes, just my opinion. But go with what you really want to do most, the more interest you have in something the more you'll excel! xx

I really want to do lashes but I'm not sure I have the patience! Would spray tanning not be very good now though through winter or are people still having it for Xmas/Birthdays etc? I have also thought its a pre-summer and summer wedding thing??

Or maybe if I get it now and then come spring I'll be all practised anyway and 'ready to go'?!

Although with it being an expensive start up I'm wondering if I should hold off until Beauty UK as there were some fantastic savings.

So confused.com!

Can I just ask why tanning is expensive to start up? Are you looking at buying the salon equiptment?

If u have a room you can just buy the mobile kit and have them stand inside a tent. Or have a 'spray room' where all the walls are tiled and wipeable. Xmas is fantastic for tans! But bear in mind u'll need loads of practise so get started asap to be ready for dec. Failing being ready for dec, just take ur time n be ready for summer :) xx

Can I just ask why tanning is expensive to start up? Are you looking at buying the salon equiptment?

If u have a room you can just buy the mobile kit and have them stand inside a tent. Or have a 'spray room' where all the walls are tiled and wipeable. Xmas is fantastic for tans! But bear in mind u'll need loads of practise so get started asap to be ready for dec. Failing being ready for dec, just take ur time n be ready for summer :) xx

I was looking at the Sienna X True Spray kit which is £££. I think it may be the way to go though as I was originally mobile and would still love to be able to offer tans and Shellac on a mobile / party basis.

If I decide on tans though I would have to check the competition (where I am there are a LOT of salons, although NOT ONE offer Shellac!) and I would also need to take the smaller room where I work so would have to discuss this with the salon owner.

Just got to wait for the cheque now yey! x

I agree...spray tanning!
I think now that we are coming up to the party season it would be a good one to go with and the actual treatment is fairly quick so you can fit more in.

Sienna x are fab! I spent a very long time researching and I finally decided to train with them. My clients love it! Their ongoing support is great too, got a question and you just call them and they'll be able to help.
Rhiannon x

So their mobile kit is expensive?

I wouldn't have thought they would have been too expensive, I know the salon based equpitment is a couple of thousand, but if u want to do mobile aswell ur best just getting the tent :)

Good luck xx

I had a nosey at ur kit, it is expensive. But u get everything u need. U could have a look around the internet for disposables etc and even the same spray gun and tents, just price up see if its cheaper. U'd still need to train with them n buy the solution from them, so find out the prices for them. Xx

I agree spray tans are good for quick easy money, but you are looking at a couple of hundred just to get the start up kit, even if you buy the tent and gun on e-bay. Personally, I find nail enhancements are my bread and butter. I do a wide range of treatments, but they are by far my most popular. Although I haven't brought on tans or ee's yet, so that may. Change! :)

MINX. ... Not a heavy start-up investment and a big return. Women love Minx and we apply it all through the winter months (this depends on you and how you Market it) but our regular ladies love Minx all year long.

Hi Geeks, thanks for your suggestions. I think I'm definitely going to bring in Shellac, candles and intimate waxing but the will hold of until the beauty show in March and see what deals I can get.

Hopefully Shellac will be a big thing for me as there are only a handful of people in my area and none as far as I'm aware in the immediate area around the salon (but plenty of NSS).

Lots of hair salons so may send them something about doing a discount to advertise. There's also a few shops, wilkos, Argos etc and pubs and with these jobs being hands on Shellac might be a great thing to offer to them, time will tell!

I just can't wait for the day my parcel arrives and I can Shellac myself!! In fact I may be too impatient and have to pop to Ellisons!

Will let you know what I buy eventually, thanks again!

MINX. ... Not a heavy start-up investment and a big return. Women love Minx and we apply it all through the winter months (this depends on you and how you Market it) but our regular ladies love Minx all year long.

This would be great for you hun. The start up is small even with training costed in and a quick return for your money. Would go hand in hand, if you pardon the pun, with shellac! Also good time of year to offer it on fingers and toes being party season.

Hth x x x

Latest posts

Back