Comedone remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weezie

Reaction score
https://skillsology.com/course/details/Beauty-Scho
I'm assuming this doesn't work but does anyone have one and does it? PANASONIC EH2511 DEEP PORE CLEANSER WITH MIST. CLEANSES BELOW THE SURFACE FOR CLEAR AND BEAUTIFUL SKIN. With continuous fine mist spray to remove blackheads, whiteheads, and excessive oil without pulling or injuring your skin.

I have many young clients with acne and lots of tight painful comedones so would love a way to remove them, any other suggestions welcome!-for example a softening lotion. These are very very stubborn bu**ers on sensitised skins of not very brave clients!

I have sent my most recent client to the doctor but would have liked to have done more for them.

I'm assuming this doesn't work but does anyone have one and does it? PANASONIC EH2511 DEEP PORE CLEANSER WITH MIST. CLEANSES BELOW THE SURFACE FOR CLEAR AND BEAUTIFUL SKIN. With continuous fine mist spray to remove blackheads, whiteheads, and excessive oil without pulling or injuring your skin.

I have many young clients with acne and lots of tight painful comedones so would love a way to remove them, any other suggestions welcome!-for example a softening lotion. These are very very stubborn bu**ers on sensitised skins of not very brave clients!

I have sent my most recent client to the doctor but would have liked to have done more for them.

Ok,not sure if you do electrical treatments but there are a couple of treatments that can and do ease congestion.

Firstly,where I dont really like vacuum suction tbh it has it's uses and using a comedone extractor using vacumm suction is a fab way of easing the congestion.

The real treatment which comes into it's own is Galvanic facials,disincrustation would be fantastice and works wonders by removing the excess sebum and all the waste that result in blocked pores.HTH a little.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately as I am mobile and have so much kit even a small machine would be a hassle to carry as I am in London so people rarely have parking close by, my back couldn't take any more I already feel like a mule somethimes.

Does vacuum suction really work on black heads then when I trained I didn't notice it making a difference, maybe the machine we had wasn't good. I did like the high frequency machine we used and galvanic would be wonderful. I looked at this "machine" from Panasonic as it looked small and light.

I would love to find a topical preparation that really helped soften them for extraction x

I would love to find a topical preparation that really helped soften them for extraction x

I have 2 product by Dermalogica that I bought when I did my facials training. Can't think what on earth they are called - Scaling Fluid comes to mind, but that sounds like something for a kettle. Maybe a regular Dermalogica bod can help, but it is the mutts nuts for comedone extraction ... and when used with desincrustation it's even better!

Ok,not sure if you do electrical treatments but there are a couple of treatments that can and do ease congestion.

Firstly,where I dont really like vacuum suction tbh it has it's uses and using a comedone extractor using vacumm suction is a fab way of easing the congestion.

The real treatment which comes into it's own is Galvanic facials,disincrustation would be fantastice and works wonders by removing the excess sebum and all the waste that result in blocked pores.HTH a little.
Can not back that up enough babs....out comes the galvanic eqiupment,just showing the client the excess sebum is a pleasure in itself:eek::lol:

I know i am very biased but i have seen fantastic results from Karin Herzog....the oxygen kills all bacteria on contact......sorry to go off topic Weezie:rolleyes::)

Hi Weezie

I'm not convinced the Panasonic gizzmo would deliver... it's the kind of thing I would have bought (for personal use) before I trained. But sometimes when something sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true.

For example, it claims to close up the pores and minimise enlarged pores. I'm really not convinced this is possible.

Anyhow, I agree with Babs and Gabi about galvanic but if carrying a machine is not an option, which I do understand, I just wondered if you steam or use hot towels during a facial, to soften blockages for extraction?

Can not back that up enough babs....out comes the galvanic eqiupment,just showing the client the excess sebum is a pleasure in itself:eek::lol:

I know i am very biased but i have seen fantastic results from Karin Herzog....the oxygen kills all bacteria on contact......sorry to go off topic Weezie:rolleyes::)
Also I know we aren't supposed to do it but sparking(this happens when we lift the electrode off of the skin without first switching machine off/breaking contact), is also excellent for killing off the bacteria,it isn't recommended as it can be over destructive to the skin but if used sparingly on just the certain areas it works a treat.

Also I know we aren't supposed to do it but sparking(this happens when we lift the electrode off of the skin without first switching machine off/breaking contact), is also excellent for killing off the bacteria,it isn't recommended as it can be over destructive to the skin but if used sparingly on just the certain areas it works a treat.

Is this with high frequency? Or can you do it with galvanic / desincrustation too?

Is this with high frequency? Or can you do it with galvanic / desincrustation too?
This is with High frequency, galvanics are with rollers,sorry my fault for not explaining properly.:green:But high frequency is fab also for problem skin and produces ozone when being used which has anti bacterial effect and improves condition of oily skin and limit sebacious secretions and also help heal pustules.HTH

Sorry Weezie,I know you said you couldn't carry all this equipment and I know it's a nightmare as I do mobile as well as work in salon,my couch alone feels like it will break my back and I cant even carry or put the damned thing up since breaking my shoulder.

Good luck with finding a product that helps though.xx

Yeah I have a steamer but to be honest the mobile ones are not as powerful and I seem to have to move it around the face!

Thanks for all your replys.

These comedones are really dry and deeply embedded and relatively small (as these are teenagers) with large clusters of 10 or so in various areas around the face. I would love to remove them all for them but with the discomfort extractions are causing to them I find it impossible. :irked:

Hiya, I checked in the salon today and it is called Scaling Fluid, and the other is post extraction fluid to neutralise. Good news is they are small bottles too! If you use this with your steamer you will notice one hell of a difference in your extractions ... plus of course she needs to be using good homecare products too.

Thanks Sassy that was kind of you to do that for me :hug: It's actually a young boy. Can I buy this though if I do not use Dermalogica? or is it a home care product?

It is professional only. I bought it off my facials trainer as that was what she taught with (but I use Nimue in the salon). Maybe there is a kind hearted Dermalogica therapist who would get some for you?

It is professional only. I bought it off my facials trainer as that was what she taught with (but I use Nimue in the salon). Maybe there is a kind hearted Dermalogica therapist who would get some for you?

Thanks Sassy. If anyone who reads this feels generous enough to do this please pm me I would really appreciate your help.:hug:

Hi, Weezie, have you tried ebay? I remember I've seen it there/

Hi, Weezie, have you tried ebay? I remember I've seen it there/

I would be worried about buying it from ebay as they could put any old thing in the bottle! Thanks for the idea though. :hug:

Hi weezie,

I use sothys products in my salon and there is a great product that i love, you do actually notic a difference after using and it's not just for prof's. It's called desquacrem, you can probably get hold of some on ebay, check the american site they love sothys over there!

It's basically a cleanser, but it really helps to loosen blackheads, sothys don't recommend using a steamer at all as this porduct alone is usually enough, if not i use a hot towel.

Hth hun xxx

Hi weezie,

I use sothys products in my salon and there is a great product that i love, you do actually notic a difference after using and it's not just for prof's. It's called desquacrem, you can probably get hold of some on ebay, check the american site they love sothys over there!

It's basically a cleanser, but it really helps to loosen blackheads, sothys don't recommend using a steamer at all as this porduct alone is usually enough, if not i use a hot towel.

Hth hun xxx

Hey there I have used this when I used to work in a salon and it did work with your usual combination skin client with comedones but not on some teen comedones which seem to be much more widespread and tough to remove!

Thanks for your advise though, it is a good product.:hug:

A kind geek has offered to source some of the dermalogica product that I am going to try :hug:

Latest posts

Back