commision on services and retail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuticles

Reaction score
I am doing some costings here - does anyone have any information on reasonable commission for nail technicians - a daily or weekly rate. I was thinking of a figure but only after overheads have been met. Any suggestions please

for retail i was told to add vat then double........then u have ur retail price......vicx

Hi! my staff were always employed & paid an hourly rate plus a sliding scale of commission depending on experience. Nearly 2yrs ago a joint decision was made & all staff converted to renting
space.
They pay £125.00 per week.
However, i also have some part-time staff that are paid £4.50 per hr, & they also earn 40% of their takings after we take off their daily rate.
R your staff employed or self-employed?
Or was u looking for yourself to approach salon owners? :?: xx

£125 per week flipping eck!!! where r u based? glad i live in my part of the country......im opening a tanning and nail salon shortly and my rent the whole 1st floor of a hairdressers is only £16 per day all in....
i know ive got a very good deal, and i know that some places do charge £25-30 per day........Vic

Well Vic..................
you def. have got a great deal there...............
I pay 25% of my takings excluding retail............
So my avarage rent is usualy about £ 150 a week...............

When Faye was working as my staff and not partner in crime lol,
she was payed a daily rate but if she hit her target she got half her weekly takings................. Her basic was average, but her bonus was very high...........and I might add she always hit target lol...........
This sorts the workhorse from the cart..............
Just a thought ..........
love Ruth xxxx

hi ruth.........its a fab deal hun!!! do u sell a lot of retail? if so what? Vickx

Hi Vic...............
God ain't it hot today ...................... sorry just had to mention that incase we have techs from the northpole visiting this site lol.............

Right Retail ..................
And the nominations for best retail Items for Nailsinlondon go to.........

Scentsationals
Solar Oil
Solar Butter
Solar Speed Spray
Speedy
Stickey
Toughen Up
Varnish remover
Nail Files 240/240 grit and 120/240 grit
Holiday rescue packs ( 3grm resin, file, buffer, mini solar, Varnish remover)

Hope this helps
love Ruth xxx

it is flipping roasting.........holly my baby is all flustered too!!!

i was going to buy this new creative retail pack.......its great got most things u mentioned on and loads of spa products too......got the details through the other day......Vicx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back