Commission for massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hello All

I am contemplating have a massage therapist work alongside me 2 days a week on a percentage split. I think the normal rate for nails etc is about 60/40 with the higher amount going to the person buying the products. The place she is coming from apparently only charged her 30% which I don't think is a lot. I do however feel it might be different with massage as there aren't huge amounts to buy. I would be happy to provide oil, launder towels etc

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks Geeks

Zooks

Not sure on the split. But I do know my costings for massage compared to nails are minimal. So that could make a big difference. Xx

Hi zooks can I ask why you're considering a percentage split as oppose to a flat rental?

Vic x

Hello All

I am contemplating have a massage therapist work alongside me 2 days a week on a percentage split. I think the normal rate for nails etc is about 60/40 with the higher amount going to the person buying the products. The place she is coming from apparently only charged her 30% which I don't think is a lot. I do however feel it might be different with massage as there aren't huge amounts to buy. I would be happy to provide oil, launder towels etc

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks Geeks

Zooks
Depends entirely on where you are based but in London and South East it tends to be 50/50 in regards to massage.

Rental is still an option but I think know what my rates for that would be. The lady was interested in commission, I haven't suggested anything either way, just wanted to get my head around it.

What rate does everyone charge on day basis given that she is only doing the 2 days?
Also would you be doing laundry etc? I don't for my current person but she is full time and leaving soon...

Not quite sure how you will work this one. A bit of food for thought though. If its a 50/50 split ,who comes best off? Will salon pay,insurance,heating,electric,telephone,water,rates,advertising. Etc etc etc.would it work better for the salon to employ the massage therapist?. Good luck with with what you decide!.

I charge £25 per day and that includes laundry and towels. I wanted the colours and theme to be the same throughout so this gave me control. There is also tea, coffee, loo roll and I do most cleaning but expect them to tidy up a bit generally. They obviously do their own insurance and products etc.

Vic x

I definitely won't be employing her, it's not what she is looking for and mostly it's not what I am looking for as I already have 1 therapist and am just about to take on a 2nd. This lady will cover the days the others don't work but she does offer a very specific type of medical style massage which is a bit of a niche in our area and I believe she has a good following. I was aiming for £30 a day, I will have to have a chat and see what she says. Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Latest posts

Back