communion hair styles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucy_locket

Reaction score
hi to all the hair geeks !

please can you help me, it's my niece's 1st communion in 2 weeks time and they have asked me to do her hair. now i have always been one for tatting with my own hair different styles and all that and do feel quite able to do this job with ease my only problem is what styles does a 8 year old have at there 1st communion?? i mean i know they kind of look like mini brides, well going by the dress and veil and so on she has lol !

any sites or even pics you can guide me too i would be very grateful she has shoulder length hair with a natural light curl to it.

lucy .x :hug:

hi to all the hair geeks !

please can you help me, it's my niece's 1st communion in 2 weeks time and they have asked me to do her hair. now i have always been one for tatting with my own hair different styles and all that and do feel quite able to do this job with ease my only problem is what styles does a 8 year old have at there 1st communion?? i mean i know they kind of look like mini brides, well going by the dress and veil and so on she has lol !

any sites or even pics you can guide me too i would be very grateful she has shoulder length hair with a natural light curl to it.

lucy .x :hug:

Hi, I'm not a hair geek but - awwwww! First Holy Communion, I remember it well. lol.
I had minde tied back in a french plait but then again it was the 80's and I did have a veil AND hair down to my bum...

Check if she's wearing a veil first, and if she' s having a tiara or head band?

I guess a little pretty up do like a bridesmaid would work well?

Or you could just put the top half of hair up?

Some ideas here - looks a bit dated though - or is that just me? Autumn West Enterprises - Communion veils, bridal, bridesmaid, maid of honor, headpiece, flower girl, first holy communion - Give Her The Very Best On Her Special Day
Or do a search on MSN or Google for "first holy communion veil"

Good luck.

a french plait or a bun with bits of hair down and maybe curled a bit, if the hair is long enough... remember they wear veils for their first holy communions.

hi thanks for reply's .

yes she does have a veil to wear. I've had a little practice tonight, Kirby griped the back up leaving loose curls hanging down from the top then lightly back combed the top bit put the tiara in and fixed it well lol! then left some hair at the front and side with a nice curl to them. i've fixed the veil to the underneath of the back bit where i put the Kirby grips and the curls lie really softly on it. wish I'd took pics now to show you all what i've done.

i'm well chuffed with my self and it only took me 30min :green:

she is going to look gorgeous, i have 3 boys who have all done their first holy communions and handsome they looked too, i was allways just a teeney weeney bit gutted not having a girl, just for the first holy communion dress and veil lol

Latest posts

Back